Honda Accord V6 vs. base model BMW 325i

xTynaCorpX

Established Member
Whats up guys. I know this is an American power forum but I got into an argument with a guy at work that swore up and down that a Honda Accord would stomp a BMW. So naturally I told him that he was full of shit.

Normally I wouldn't make a big deal out of it but he made an Ass out of himself so now I have to go out of my way to prove him wrong. Normally I would find this type of info on my own but I have had the hardest time finding an apples to apples comparison on the major auto sites.

So here are the rules. I told him that a BMW 325i would be comperable if not faster than an Accord V6 in a straight line race. So if anyone can give me a documented source of 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times for these two cars I would appreciate it.

xTynaCorpX

Established Member
Thanks buddy I had no idea google existed good thing you put that link up there. Maybe you had trouble reading the rules so let me write out for you again.

So if anyone can give me a documented source of 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times for these two cars I would appreciate it.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, the 07 Accord has 245hp, at least the one I have in the garage does. But finding the times you seek won't be easy.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
^^You are correct^^

Honda Accord V6 Specs said:
Engine Type aluminum alloy single overhead cam
24-valve V6
Engine Size 3.0 liters / 180 cu. in.
Horsepower 244 @ 6250 rpm
Torque (lb-ft) 211 @ 5000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed manual
Wheelbase / Length 105.1 in. / 187.8 in.
Curb Weight 3303 lbs.
Pounds Per Horsepower 13.5
Fuel Capacity 17.1 gal.
Fuel Requirement 87 octane unleaded regular gasoline

Users who are viewing this thread