Homemade/ aftermarket coolant expansion tank.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Anybody ever get rid of the factory coolant expansion tank and instead run one of the cylinder style aluminum tanks often found on hot rods or foxes? I'd like to open up some room toward the front of the engine and am considering making or buying the cylinder type. Is their any reason this wouldn't work? Does the cap HAVE to be vented?

Thanks

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Mine has been like this since last spring, it has a 2004 era explorer tank. I already relocated the battery to the trunk, it would really clean up the engine bay if it weren't for the vortech!

imagejlw.jpg

imagerde.jpg

Riored95

Established Member
Mine has been like this since last spring, it has a 2004 era explorer tank. I already relocated the battery to the trunk, it would really clean up the engine bay if it weren't for the vortech!

imagejlw.jpg

imagerde.jpg

I really like the ecoboost on the charger bracket!! :beer:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I really like the ecoboost on the charger bracket!! :beer:

Thanks I needed something to cover up the spot where the coil had gone. I had to pay like $20+ bc the black Eco badge only comes on the Lincoln's. (at least that's what the ad claimed)

03bluemach

Established Member
I have the same coolant that 1BD9D7 is using BNIB if anybody is interested ,was going to use it on a project but sold the car .

PM me for details

Users who are viewing this thread