Homelink in my GT 500

Kapy

Established Member
Hello everyone. I have been enjoying the heck out of my GT 500 and loving every minute of it.

I also have owned many other makes and vehicles. But man, is anyone else having problems setting up their Homelink garage door opener on this car? I am doing everything right and the darn thing will not pick up my garage remote.

All my other cars work with it. Oh well, my other cars don't do what this car can do either...:banana:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Mine doesnt work either. It doesnt like my new genie opener I got. Its got the new rolling code and the car just cant link to it.

Kapy

Established Member
SRT8tech, thanks man.

At least I can save myself from bringing it in the dealership now.

Appreciate it.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Have you tried programming it with your remote rather than the button on the motor? It may still be a good idea to take it to the dealer. The module may be defective - more common than you think.

Kapy

Established Member
Hey Nuclear,

Yeah I have tried everything. Your probably right about the unit itself being faulty.

But you know, I can deal instead of having some bone head tear into my brand new Shelby. As long as the temp is cool, boost is pushing and gears are meshing, I am cool.

Thanks though man.

nickf2005

Established Member
I know that Ford used Homelink and Car2U. If yours has the Car2U (like mine) there are several type of openers that are not compatible. Mine will not pair with my opener and I've contemplated buying a new opener that is compatible.

idaho

Established Member
Hello everyone. I have been enjoying the heck out of my GT 500 and loving every minute of it.

I also have owned many other makes and vehicles. But man, is anyone else having problems setting up their Homelink garage door opener on this car? I am doing everything right and the darn thing will not pick up my garage remote.

All my other cars work with it. Oh well, my other cars don't do what this car can do either...:banana:

I struggled with this (trying to get the Homelink to work), but finally discovered that contrary to the owner's manual, my GT500 does NOT have homelink, it has CAR2U instead. This explains why the homelink instructions do not work at all. :bash:

The Car2U programming is completely different (also easier). As it turns out, the 2nd edition of the owners manual describes CAR2U, but the 3rd edition describes homelink. I received the 3rd edition, but my car does not match the manual. My car was built on Dec 7, 2012. If you look at the pictures in the manual, I think you can tell which one you have!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I have a new Toyota and had the same problem. The documentation was not that great.

Start by performing the wipe process to erase any programming.

Then hold your hand held remote to the homelink in the car until you see the light do a slow blink. This will not finish the process but will put the homelink into a learning mode.

Then push the learn button on your garage door motor and, within 30 seconds, hold the button you want to program for 5 seconds and repeat a few times until it works.

Mine would not "learn" the motor/opener until I attempted to to learn the handheld remote process first. Then it will learn the motor/opener.

jaiasmit

Established Member
I've noticed that with mine the visor buttons won't open the door unless I'm only a couple of feet away if I have the visor flipped up. But if I flip the visor down, I can open the door from down the street.

It might be worth trying it with the visor flipped down to see if it's just a reception issue.

Users who are viewing this thread