Home water delivery

wht93gted

Established Member
I've been considering switching to home water delivery, strictly for drinking water.

Anyone else use one of these services? Have any info or recommendations?

My wife and I drink quite a lot of water; aside from liquor (whisky, vodka, etc), I pretty much only drink water.

How much you think we need? Is it worth it? Any experiences?

just looking for any info from people who use one or have used one.

I would just buy the cooler from Costco, instead of renting one. I was thinking Poland Spring as well.

verbal

Established Member
I was getting Deer Park for a while and stopped. At the time I thought it was not worth it but now that we do not have it I am regretting the decision to stop. Now I am back to hauling cases from Costco and dealing with all the empty water bottles. It was really convenient to have it dropped at your door.

My wife and I were getting 4 jugs a month and it was hard to finish it. We ended up giving it to our dog so that we could keep up.

MysticRob

Established Member
Check on a local water store too. Our muni water sucks bad, so I was buying those 2.5ga jugs from the store all the time and spending way too much. I then discovered a small local store that sells heavy duty 5ga jugs that you can refill with their own triple reverse osmosis-ified, and whatever else-ified water for $1.25 -- they even give brief 'tours' of their setup. I refill our jug every 3 or 4 days and save all kinds of cash now. And I can be sure the water not only tastes better, but is obviously treated better.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I have two 5 gallon water containers. I just fill them up and back into the dispenser they go. They last quite a while. Watermiller express ftw
2.50 for both

Sent from my office in the Bureau

scottminot

Established Member
Have you ever considered installing a reverse osmosis filter in your house? You can pick up a good system on Ebay for around $130.00.

I have a ro/di system installed and use it for my saltwater reef tanks. My city water is fairly decent but the gunk that my sediment filter collects is quite nasty.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I picked up a cooler from Home depot and buy/trade in their 5 gallon water bottles. I think it's $7.00 when I trade in an emty for a full one.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I have Deer Park Delivery. Have 3 bottles delivered each month. At first we used it mainly for drinking and formula bottles. Now we use it for just about anything. I have adjusted completely to it. It's so bad that I now realize how bad our tap water is. I can literally be in the next room and smell the chlorine from the tap water when the sink is running.

Between the quality and looks of the piping water travels through before it gets to your home, and the chemicals they inject in water just to make sure you can drink it when it arrives at your tap, I'm done with it. I will no longer use tap water for anything other then bathing and watering the lawn. Sad thing is my grass hardly grows the water is so bad.

It's unfortunately the only way to go. I really dont care how safe the local water company, and government agencies say it is.

I pay $27.99 per month for the service.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I picked up a cooler from Home depot and buy/trade in their 5 gallon water bottles. I think it's $7.00 when I trade in an emty for a full one.

I did that a long time ago and got tired of lugging them around. for $8.00 per month it was worth switching to the service

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I did that a long time ago and got tired of lugging them around. for $8.00 per month it was worth switching to the service

It can be a pain, but I have a quarter mile long gravel driveway and wanted to spare my lawn and the truck driver the hassel. The mail lady in her tiny jeep can't even navigate my driveway without turfing the lawn :lol1:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have a 2500 dollar water softener and another filter in my whirlpool artica fridge. no need to bottled water but we buy a case now and again

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I have service at my shop. I'll look at a bill and if I remember I'll post the price.
At home I just buy cases. Poland Spring is my top preference.
I will say I'd rather drink tap water filtered through dirt before drinking Nestle water. That shit is absolutely disgusting and I have no idea how anyone could purchase it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I've been considering switching to home water delivery, strictly for drinking water.

Anyone else use one of these services? Have any info or recommendations?

My wife and I drink quite a lot of water; aside from liquor (whisky, vodka, etc), I pretty much only drink water.

How much you think we need? Is it worth it? Any experiences?

just looking for any info from people who use one or have used one.

I would just buy the cooler from Costco, instead of renting one. I was thinking Poland Spring as well.

get a filter system. The 5 gallon jugs are nasty. I see deer park bottles turning green all the time. The bottle coolers also need to be clean at least once a month. Get a reverse osmosis under the sink system or a ultra fine filter system.

i install free standing coolers with 5 filter pack. depending on the water ill use a r/o filter or ultra fine in the pack. Depends on the TDS ( total dissolved solids ). u can get TDS meters online. cheap easy way to test water. usually under 150 ill use UF over 150 R/O.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread