Home theater/component cable question

Slobra

Established Member
If I have component video cable coming from a projector into a system selector.. then will every other system (xbox, PS2, DVD) need component cable plugged into the system selector? Or will normal RCA still work?

Thanks

slow_rider

Established Member
Do mean to view on a TV? or You are viewing on the projector from some other sources??

Either way... If what you are viewing on uses componect cables from the system select, then you should be able to use any other type of input like RCAs or Coax to get the the signal into the selector. If you are viewing from the selector using RCA or Coax, then you are wasting money my inputting with component because they do not have as high quality. Depending onthe internals of the system selector, you should be able to use various imputs. but without trying it or knowing what system selector you have, I can not be certain.

Hope this helped you some. :) Or maybe it just made it more confusing :bash:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Slow Rider is correct. It will work with two different cable types but you won't get the component cable quality if you have RCAs in the loop. I have the same type of projector/selector box myself. To tell you the truth, I've never noticed that much difference between the RCA and component cables. Guess I'm not enough of an audio/videophile...

slow_rider

Established Member
I have all 3 types of imputs going into my TV and for the most part you cannot tell. Unless you have something that is high resolution then the component cables will not benefit you.

I can say though that the newer PS2 games, I can see a light difference. but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread