Home Stereo Repair

micksnip

Established Member
I know this is way-off for this forum, but thought I'd give a shout and see if anybody out there knows how to fix home stereo power amps. I just bought a group of stereo components as-is, and all's well with all except an SAE I102 computer direct line integrated amp. The standby light goes on, but I can't get the display to go on, and can't get it to bypass the power section of the pre-out of the 5.1 Sherwood. My guess is that if I could get it out of standby mode, I'd be able to tinker more or buy a tuner to go with this.
Anybody have any knowledge :read: , suggestions as to what I could do or a shop in the area? The unit is worth about $150., but I'd rather have a working amp than a boat anchor, and, of course, money is always an issue. Can do barter for me detailing a car, or spend a modest amount to see if she's fixable.Hate to think it's only a $.29 diode. Micksnip

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Could be something simple like you said. My experience with this type of thing is that the diagnostic time the shops charge you tend to always outweigh the cost of the unit.

Good luck, hope you can get it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread