Home security

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Personally I think about the only thing an alarm system accomplishes is telling you you’ve been robbed before you get home and find out. Maybe they’ll take less because they know they’re on a timer but still

MG0h3

Established Member
About 15yrs ago, I had APX, which turned into vivint.

Absolute garbage. Constant false alarms. Techs couldn’t get it to work correctly ever. Got a notice from the local PD that they will no longer respond due to all the false alarms within 60 days of installing it. Then fought with the company about cancelling the contract for a few months.

Never again. I don’t care what company or product it is.

I think an audible alarm would be the best bet, if you could find one that’s good quality and not going off errantly.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Have used arlo for a while

Cameras aren't a deterrent so much as evidence to try to catch the people after the fact

For wireless cameras, if internet goes down, cameras won't work. I've heard some of the higher end thieves know this and run wifi jammers that render the cameras useless

Only sure way is if you run hardwired cameras on battery backups to an in house server that'll save video even if internet/power goes down.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Good evening, team, looking into home security and was thinking about going the Arlo way. Thoughts?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I considered Arlo, but decided on going with Eufy cameras. I have the Eufy Cam 2 Pro's with solar panels.

I don't have an alarm system, just the cameras. I get immediate notification with video. The cameras are accessible for real time viewing. No contract or subscription.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Home Alone Hello GIF by Freeform

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I would say get a dog for the early warning that someone is around and any choice of firearm if they decide to come in.

Zemedici

Established Member
We have cameras…..all done through my ISP / ADT.

Lemme ask the wife what brand lolol she pays for it, will return with info

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I have some Arlo cameras around our property. The model I have doesn't have the best night vision, but the daytime clarity is good. And the cloud storage is handy.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have Eufy cameras, they work.. 80% of the time. At least I don't have any subscription I have to pay for.

They are convenient, if I heard something outside while I am in bed, it's nice to grab my phone and take a quick look around the house.

There is another brand, like Vivint or something, I can't remember. It whistles every time it sees anyone, massively annoying. The sales guys came by one time and tried to talk me out of the Eufy (which I had installed and had been using for like a year) because theirs used data and you had to pay for it monthly, so you knew it was good.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I have Eufy cameras, they work.. 80% of the time. At least I don't have any subscription I have to pay for.

They are convenient, if I heard something outside while I am in bed, it's nice to grab my phone and take a quick look around the house.

There is another brand, like Vivint or something, I can't remember. It whistles every time it sees anyone, massively annoying. The sales guys came by one time and tried to talk me out of the Eufy (which I had installed and had been using for like a year) because theirs used data and you had to pay for it monthly, so you knew it was good.
What do you mean by "they work.....80% of the time"?

I haven't had or noticed a problem with mine.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What do you mean by "they work.....80% of the time"?

I haven't had or noticed a problem with mine.
The homebase will go down out of no where and I have to unplug it to restart it.

Last year it went down every day for like a month. Constant emailing back and forth with them was rough, I don't have any of the purchase documentation and Eufy didn't seem to want to deal with it unless they were positive it was purchased new and possibly from an authorized dealer (I know LG does shit like that).

With enough persistence I got them to look into it, and they basically told me it should work fine, everything was updated and correct. They did tell me to change something in my router, I don't recall what they wanted me to change but it was going to screw everything else up and didn't sound like it would remedy the issue, so I didn't bother.

I had it unplugged for like 3 months and when I finally plugged it back in it downloaded a new update, and it worked for 8 months or so without issue. Recently it started doing the same thing but maybe once per month.

Users who are viewing this thread