Holy crap! that fake cobra got published!

svtdriven

Established Member
Got the new muscle mustangs and fast fords, and in the back in the "my mustang" is that guy with that stupid looking mustang that he claimed was a cobra on ebay for those few weeks. :kaboom:

what the hell happened to integrity? I totally just ripped that page out of the magazine! :nonono:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Well I just took it the bathroom with and read the article while I took a healthy sh!t and thought that was a good thing to do while I read that article.

Red,white and blue Stang with stars on it is pretty nasty looking IMO.

svt2205

Established Member
Believe it or not, stock or lightly modified 93 Cobra's do not make for good print in either 5.0 or MMFF. I learned this first hand from 5.0's editor. He would rather run 10 second Fox bodied cars with a Cobra body kit then a boring mostly stock 93 Cobra. I got bumped from month to month for almost 3 years.

So, expect this crap from these guys. Only in Mustang Monthly would I be totally shocked to see a car like this.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
svt2205 said:
Believe it or not, stock or lightly modified 93 Cobra's do not make for good print in either 5.0 or MMFF. I learned this first hand from 5.0's editor. He would rather run 10 second Fox bodied cars with a Cobra body kit then a boring mostly stock 93 Cobra. I got bumped from month to month for almost 3 years.

So, expect this crap from these guys. Only in Mustang Monthly would I be totally shocked to see a car like this.

Evan told me at a Show once that they like to see modified cars if possible;- in their efforts to showcase the various things they can do with the cars. Of course in a new edition like the Shelby of CS, they will show those for a while.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Doesn't surprise me, that column has always had poor quality, almost junk cars in it. I imagine most people only send in pics of their car and don't write a story to go with it so they probably don't have much to choose from.

I'll have to go back and re-read this article but didn't they say that this is a real cobra that the guy painted white?

svtdriven

Established Member
the guy had it on ebay a few times. posted the vin#, its not the real deal. If I remember correctly, he got all hostile and claimed it was "better" than a real cobra.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
svtdriven said:
the guy had it on ebay a few times. posted the vin#, its not the real deal. If I remember correctly, he got all hostile and claimed it was "better" than a real cobra.

He sure did claim that.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Like the paint scheme for what it stands for, but that does not look right on a car. Real or fake, make it black, red, or teal.

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
ya .. 93 .. the year they stuck the Snakes backwords on the fenders .. but at least it's real unlike the Faker :)

LOL

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Just went back and looked at the article. He does claim it's a cobra. What a joke! He couldn't even get the cobra snake in the right spot.

Users who are viewing this thread