Holy Crap it the did something weird?

mexburito

Established Member
Oh to begin my L is an 03. At about 10:30PM I was driving home from work, and just as luck has it I get a red light with a T/A. This thing had exhaust and who knows what but once I took off, I had some trouble with second gear kicking in at high revs. I had to kind of let go of the gas to let it kick in. Does this mean I will be needing a transmission or will a FTVB help my transmission shift more efficiently? The FTVB was going to be my next mod anyway. I still have the the so called Boost mod on the truck. So should I go ahead and remove that darn thing because it might be affecting my transmission? Hell I am going to change the transmission fluid and filter this weekend for sure. Guys any help would be appreciated. Damn it is weird how I care so much for my L's health. I too am a college student who also dreams of having a 600 horse L when I get out of school but for now we have to be happy with what we have. Thanks. :rockon:

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
'04 L here. I had the same problem a few weeks after I bought it, it even made the O/D off light flash (in case you didn't know, thats how our trannys tell us diagnostic problems). It's kinda like a "check engine" light for the tranny. Anyways, mine did it a few times over 2 days and finally fixed itself. I haven't had a problem since. :shrug: You could try a computer reset. (Just unplug your battery for 15 minutes.)

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Did it not shift and hit the rev limiter? I'd do a reset first. If you don't have 10K+ on the fluid/filter then changing it may not do any good. It is cheap insurance though and a perfect time to install a new valve body and high capacity pan. See how innocently it starts? He he. Keep us posted on how it does.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
Yeah Bob, thats what mine did. It would just bounce off the limiter until I would let off the gas (I didn't let it just bounce though, I immediately let off). BTW, my FTVB and 4x4 pan will be going on Saturday. Whooo hooo!!! :burnout:

mexburito

Established Member
Alright then I am going to go ahead and order the FTVB, hopefully it will go away. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread