Holy Car Insurance!!!

99NJCobra

Established Member
Well, was looking at my Geico bill recently (NJ Driver) and realized that my payments had gone from $860/6 months to $1950/6 months. So I did some investigating and comparing and sure enough. My insurance more than doubled because I went from a 2005 F250 to a 1999 Cobra. That's nuts! How is that even justifiable? The only nice thing was that when I added on my '92 Galant, my insurance dropped down to $1750. The next closest company was $2100. Oh well, guess I'm sticking with Geico. I had one claim this year and it was done and settled within 3 days. Anyways, just had to vent.:fm:

99NJCobra

Established Member
I'm 22 and my driving record is beautiful compared to most of my friends and they don't pay much more than I do. As for the claim I mentioned, I totaled my truck, but after doing some comparisons (quotes with and without accident) this didn't count towards the increase. Crazy.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
KYLightning02 said:
how do you afford both cars??? if ya dont care me asking because i want what ever job you have

Become a Bi! you will find dirty old men everywhere with $$$$$$ :poke:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I was telling someone this today. They asked me what insurance was on the GT and I hypothesized insurance on a car like a Cobra would be more. Yours is in fact way more, but I'm sure they see 22 and Cobra and get a big smile. You should get a ncie break in 3 years...

99NJCobra

Established Member
DBK said:
I was telling someone this today. They asked me what insurance was on the GT and I hypothesized insurance on a car like a Cobra would be more. Yours is in fact way more, but I'm sure they see 22 and Cobra and get a big smile. You should get a ncie break in 3 years...

I really hope so. I'm very careful when I drive and have been for the past couple of years especially now that I have such a gorgeous car, I don't wanna ruin it because of tickets and stupid things like that. I'm definately not the typical 22yr old with a sports, at least not around here. Of course when I was 17-19 I was hell on wheels with my '89 GT, so I'm pretty sure I got it all out of me then. Even with that car I only had two tickets...one was an unsafe because I rear ended someone and it wasn't even my fault (sudden unmarked lane closures, traffic, and blind corners don't mix well in a 45mph zone) and the other was a 59 in a 45 (2pts). I haven't even been pulled over in 3yrs (knock on wood!). At least they kept their word and the F250 incident didn't have anything to do with it. The cool thing I noticed with Geico is that every 6 months when they review your file and adjust, as long as everythings clean they usually drop it by a few dollars. Another plus is that I'm in the middle of enlisting and should be leaving for basic in January, so the military thing should also drop it a little bit.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Shit I'm 22 with an 07 Focus and a 01 GT and I'm paying 2000 every 6 months. With the Focus as the daily driver...so yeah I feel your pain. And I'm with Farmers. I just want to be 25 because damn this shit is killing me. This is with no tickets, no accidents, no nothing.

Tang

SLITHR 2
Established Member
Wow, after reading this post, I feel like I'm almost getting insurance for free. Pretty sad, but then again depending on where you live can make insurance seem like the biggest money making scam in the world when you haven't had an accident or anything in over 5 years or whatever.

I don't even pay $500/6 months for full coverage on the Cobra and liability on my '93 Century. I guess it does pay to have a clean record and being over 25.

Last edited:

cobraracer46

Banned
SQ Stang said:
Shit I'm 22 with an 07 Focus and a 01 GT and I'm paying 2000 every 6 months.
Are you on drugs? I would rather ride a bicycle than give away my hard earned pay check to the insurance companies every month. What is it that makes young people do something as stupid as to sink almost their entire monthly pay check into a dumb car?

hoamskilet

Established Member
Geico sucks. I bought a brand new grand am in 2002 and they wanted to charge me 3k every six months....it was just insane. I've since then gone with Progressive and absolutely love em. My insurance has gone down at random times throughout the time that i've had them and never gone up. As of right now (i just turned 25) I've got full coverage on a 98 Expedition, an 04 Monte Carlo SS, and a 95 Cobra and i pay what amounts to $1050 every 6 months

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
HorsepwrJunkie said:
I pay 375 totala month for 04 z06 and the cobra...

For one, your a female. The mustang in my sig is under my girl's name and she pays $88/month for it. The same car for me would be like $200. Also, i know you dont own both cars cuz i saw in another thread that the z06 is your BF's.

99NJCobra

Established Member
hoamskilet said:
Geico sucks. I bought a brand new grand am in 2002 and they wanted to charge me 3k every six months....it was just insane. I've since then gone with Progressive and absolutely love em. My insurance has gone down at random times throughout the time that i've had them and never gone up. As of right now (i just turned 25) I've got full coverage on a 98 Expedition, an 04 Monte Carlo SS, and a 95 Cobra and i pay what amounts to $1050 every 6 months

I've heard different things with GEICO. Sometimes great rates and sometimes ridiculous rates. But like I said before, they were $400/yr cheaper than the next closest company and they handled my accident claim earlier in the year within 3 days. The quotes I've gotten have ranged from $2100 every 6 months to as high as $4300 every 6 months. Soooo I guess I'll just have to deal with it and hope it starts to drop.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Are you on drugs? I would rather ride a bicycle than give away my hard earned pay check to the insurance companies every month. What is it that makes young people do something as stupid as to sink almost their entire monthly pay check into a dumb car?

What, you think I want to pay this much for my cars?? There is no choice and I'm not taking no damn bus or riding a bike. The good thing is...I can afford it. Hey I'll take your car and pay insurance on it..you drive the bike..deal? :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread