Holy brake dust! Need new pads..

rccg94

Established Member
First, I did try searching the forums as I'm sure that this question has probably come up and been answered before but I keep getting "too many results" for brakes, brake pads, etc., so please don't kill me for asking again!

I have a 2003 vert with about 16K miles on it. From the looks of it and the miles I think I'm still on the OEM pads. They stop great and are quiet but I can't go around the block without the back of the car and rims being coated with brake dust. The fronts are not as noticeable but the rears border on ridiculous. After a longer drive it's almost like I'm driving a two tone car.

Any suggestions on good replacement pads? I'm not tracking the car so I don't need race pads and I'm not overly concerned with maintenance intervals so I don't need "lifetime" pads either. Just good pads that stop well and are reasonably quiet but without all the dust.

I'd rather get advice here than at Autozone so thanks in advance!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My oem brakes had plenty of life left, but after buying True Forged wheels I wanted minimal dust to get on them. So I went with Hawk ceramic pads. Initially the bite isn't like semi metallic, but once they get some heat on them they are much better. And a lot less dust!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Hate to say it since you said no autzone but for good bike and low dust on the street the autzone Duralast gold Cmax cermaic pads are your best bet. Very popular in the GT500 community.

rccg94

Established Member
Hate to say it since you said no autzone but for good bike and low dust on the street the autzone Duralast gold Cmax cermaic pads are your best bet. Very popular in the GT500 community.

Thanks - that's just the kind of advice I'm looking for. I don't mind buying them at autozone I just didn't feel comfortable asking the random guy at the counter. I know there are some good folks at those places so I don't mean any disrespect I just also have seen guys there who think a fart pipe and a "200 MPH" sticker on the fender = a fast car :rockon:

I'll check out the pads and thanks again.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Thanks - that's just the kind of advice I'm looking for. I don't mind buying them at autozone I just didn't feel comfortable asking the random guy at the counter. I know there are some good folks at those places so I don't mean any disrespect I just also have seen guys there who think a fart pipe and a "200 MPH" sticker on the fender = a fast car :rockon:

I'll check out the pads and thanks again.

Yea man no worries, i know the feeling. But google those pads and add GT500 and you will find plenty of info on them.

Users who are viewing this thread