Holiday Sands South Burnouts - Late Night

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
I really hope that there isn't any members of SVTP participating in this foolishness. Performing not only burnouts, but doing doughnuts and fishtails in the middle of the street while other cars are driving and people are walking on the sidewalks is just idiotic. Mustang Week and SVTP provide plenty of events to show off your car, you don't need to endanger people's lives on a public street. It was kind of satisfying to see an unmarked Crown Vic pull a U-turn on one such participant after he pulled out of the lot, but it is really drawing WAY too much attention from the local authorities, citizens, and hotels that participate in giving discounts to Mustang Week entrants.

If you want to show off your car in such a manner, please save it for the 2 track days where you can do this legally. There is no reason to pull this kind of crap on a busy public street.

/MW rant.

Travis, let me be one of the many to say thank you for what you and the other Mustang Week staff do year round to make this week happen for us here.

245_CID

Established Member
I really hope that there isn't any members of SVTP participating in this foolishness. Performing not only burnouts, but doing doughnuts and fishtails in the middle of the street while other cars are driving and people are walking on the sidewalks is just idiotic. Mustang Week and SVTP provide plenty of events to show off your car, you don't need to endanger people's lives on a public street. It was kind of satisfying to see an unmarked Crown Vic pull a U-turn on one such participant after he pulled out of the lot, but it is really drawing WAY too much attention from the local authorities, citizens, and hotels that participate in giving discounts to Mustang Week entrants.

If you want to show off your car in such a manner, please save it for the 2 track days where you can do this legally. There is no reason to pull this kind of crap on a busy public street.

/MW rant.

Travis, let me be one of the many to say thank you for what you and the other Mustang Week staff do year round to make this week happen for us here.

There were a couple of ding-dongs in a beat up new edge and a honda doing burnouts in the middle of Ocean Blvd. Its crap like that which makes the rest of us look bad.

silver03svt

Established Member
There were a couple of ding-dongs in a beat up new edge and a honda doing burnouts in the middle of Ocean Blvd. Its crap like that which makes the rest of us look bad.

Most of the tike people with not so nice cars do those things, I'd never burn my tires off for the heck of it

I know, it doesn't take but a few bad apples to ruin the whole bushel. What is really bad for us though is that Police, Hotel Owners, and locals all focus on the idiots on these things instead of looking at the benefits to the local economy that Mustang Week as a whole brings to the area.

Some of the ones we witnessed last night were newer (2010 and up) Mustangs and a few New Edge cars doing it.

I wonder if SVTP would consider adding a "Most Creative Burnout" to the burnout contest????

2011redcandy

Established Member
Yea and that participant got a warning, so obviously it wasn't that bad.

As far as what happened Monday night with the donuts ok that's excessive. Getting on it a bit at 10pm when no one is really out but car people, not such a big deal.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
gyryhaju.jpg

Yeah...ruining the deal we got here.

silver03svt

Established Member
Yea and that participant got a warning, so obviously it wasn't that bad.

As far as what happened Monday night with the donuts ok that's excessive. Getting on it a bit at 10pm when no one is really out but car people, not such a big deal.

I would tend to agree partially with you.....getting on it a little bit is okay to an extent. It is when the "getting on it" turns into total fishtails, 100ft + burnouts, and then the donuts, all with people still on the sidewalks and traffic on the streets. We all have performance cars, and getting on it is okay, to an extent. The location where it is being done is what is going to get Mustang Week participants not coming back to the HSS.

gyryhaju.jpg

Yeah...ruining the deal we got here.

Yeah, HSS posted that up after what happened Monday night.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

/MW rant.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. One of the reasons we have the burnout contest every year is to give those who like to showoff a safer place to do, it where they won't got to jail, and actually get rewarded for their shenanigans.

My08stang

Established Member
Thanks for the vote of confidence. One of the reasons we have the burnout contest every year is to give those who like to showoff a safer place to do, it where they won't got to jail, and actually get rewarded for their shenanigans.

I'm confused? SVT has a whole forum based on illegal street racing with over 13K threads Road Kill Drive-Thru - SVTPerformance

and what is the difference between somewhere else, or if someone does it here at MW? if you display a SVT sticker or a SVT t-shirt outside MW is this ok then? ..I'm just saying?

silver03svt

Established Member
I'm confused? SVT has a whole forum based on illegal street racing with over 13K threads Road Kill Drive-Thru - SVTPerformance

and what is the difference between somewhere else, or if someone does it here at MW? if you display a SVT sticker or a SVT t-shirt outside MW is this ok then? ..I'm just saying?

The biggest issue is WHERE it is being done. There is a HUGE difference is doing it on a city street full other cars and people walking on sidewalks and crossing the street, rather than doing it out in the middle of nowhere. AND we are not talking about street racing. We are only discussing people doing donuts and burnouts in front of a hotel that hooks up MW participants with an extra discounts for staying there.

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member

I think what SID is saying is... He's gonna pistol whip the next person to pull these shenanigans on the street...

LMFAO! But really, not cool guys, good way to get someone hurt and ruin MW. Take it to "BFE"!! Lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Answer Below ---- VVVVV

The biggest issue is WHERE it is being done. There is a HUGE difference is doing it on a city street full other cars and people walking on sidewalks and crossing the street, rather than doing it out in the middle of nowhere. AND we are not talking about street racing. We are only discussing people doing donuts and burnouts in front of a hotel that hooks up MW participants with an extra discounts for staying there.

Also, with the Roadkill forum we do not condone illegal racing activities. However, we're not stupid and that being the case we acknowledge that it does occur. By having the forum we are trying to get those who may want to street race to discuss it with those who have done it in the past and learn from the mistakes of others. The veterans of RK are quick to call out anyone acting stupid and indangering others. If we can help promote the message, as SignalZero so eloquently put it, to "Take it to "BFE"!!" I believe that's something we should do.

I hope that makes since, because I wrote it in a about two minutes while prepping for the Coyote cruise which I hope is burnout free. Lest I have to show someone the butt end of a GP 100.:lol:

WildWillyWalker

Established Member
Yeah man, people act really dumb down there. I admit, I got a warning because I took off out of Benjamin's like a retard. There weren't any cars near me and I never beat on my car so I figured I'd have some fun. Of course that's just my luck. Lol. Heck, I left Friday from the show and tried to get on it without spinning tires.

I'm sure as heck not doing donuts in the middle of the street with a bunch of people and cars around. That's almost as bad as the moron that did donuts leaving the show last year. However, giving tickets for people revving their engine is BOGUS.

scribell

Established Member
Yeah man, people act really dumb down there. I admit, I got a warning because I took off out of Benjamin's like a retard. There weren't any cars near me and I never beat on my car so I figured I'd have some fun. Of course that's just my luck. Lol. Heck, I left Friday from the show and tried to get on it without spinning tires.

I'm sure as heck not doing donuts in the middle of the street with a bunch of people and cars around. That's almost as bad as the moron that did donuts leaving the show last year. However, giving tickets for people revving their engine is BOGUS.

I gave it a little gas and revved, but I sure didn't cut a donut! Some people are just idiots.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
The Holiday Sands South management is very upset with us at this point. I don't look for them to continue dealing with all the BS, but we will have to see what happens. They fill rooms other weeks during the summer so we only came across as a pain this year. It was hard to look their management in the face.

Punisher1401

Established Member
The Holiday Sands South management is very upset with us at this point. I don't look for them to continue dealing with all the BS, but we will have to see what happens. They fill rooms other weeks during the summer so we only came across as a pain this year. It was hard to look their management in the face.

They know full well alot of that was visitors, most the guys thats stayed there sat in the parking lot and hung out, as I did and my group did. When you have such a large collection of mustangs together it gets alot of attention. Not saying there wasnt a couple from the hotel but the majority were vistirs or passerbyers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread