Holes in front bumper help

Why Try?

Established Member
Okay got my 04 Mystic and it came from Cali (im in FL) so it has huge self tapped screws in the front (4 to be exact) before i spend 1K or more to repaint the bumper what else can i do to feel the holes in until i get around to this, after buying some go fast mods. If you have certian items please post pics and what stores i can get them at, thanks

Bullitt4110

Established Member
Just go to an auto parts store and get so push plugs (similiar to what holds the hood blacket on) and try to find some paint that matches and paint them, might kinda with mystic though. Will look better than the holes until you can get the holes filled. And should cost under $10.

Why Try?

Established Member
fixed em, Auto Zone parts and my Touch UP paint

DCFC0010.gif

DCFC0016.gif

YoungJim

Established Member
Good job! Its a shame no-one has thought of adhesive stickers for front license plates. I'd pay extra to save drilling holes.

jophis37

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. I just bought a car from CA last month. I has 6 holes to deal w/ though. I bwent and got some glazing putty and tuch up paint from pep boys. Came out good, but I need to go over it a gain. Some of the holes are still have an indentation to them. A few more times and they should fill nice.
Good luck

jophis37

Established Member
I just picked up the correct color touch up paint from Ford today. So I'll be sanding and polishing here shortly trying to get rid of those blemishes.
I used Glazing puddy, 2000 grit sandpaper, and turtle waxs'rubbing and polishing compunds. Oh and the touch up paint was from pep boys. I hope the ford one will blend a little better

IMG_1455.gif

IMG_1452.gif

IMG_1454.gif

IMG_1447.gif

IMG_1446.gif

03SBGT

Established Member
Wow, you guys did a good job. I had four massive holes in the front bumper, they had the large plastic backing along with front plate. I used the push pins, more like caps, and the Ford touch up paint. Does not look as clean as yours above but it isn't very noticeable.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
new front bumper covers on e-bay from pershingautobodyparts
they paint to factory color and ship
bumper , painted, $349
ship $55
total $404
paint was perfect and shipped with no damage to me
cover was exact replacement

Users who are viewing this thread