Holes from front plate install....

MS KWIK

Established Member
Unfortunately my poor Cobra suffered four holes being drilled to mount that fugly front license plate bracket. After reading a few ideas on the forum, I removed the bracket, picked up four little black plastic plugs from the dealer, painted them, and stuck them in there. The result is fantastic! I have a photo but it didn't come out too well, since the car is black the little plugs barely showed up. I'll take a better pic later and post it. They blend in with the car very well. Granted, it's not the same as having no holes drilled at all, but the cost of repairing and repainting the bumper doesn't excite me too much. Just thought I'd share my mod :)

Shelley
'03 Cobra coupe

03'Darin

Established Member
I dealer traded a GT in for a customer from another dealer last year. The dealer had punched out the holes and installed a front plate. Newer mustangs don't have brackets for the front plates. Our state(pa) doesn't have a front lic. plate and this customer didn't want the holes punched out. Actually to close this deal i had to have a clear bra installed on the car by a local x-pel installer(great stuff-i have been using this 3M product for about three years and am desperate to get the kit for my 03'). To fix the holes in the bumper i got four small plastic interior trim plugs and had our body shop paint them to match the car. After the bra was installed i trimmed the holes and pressed the plugs in. Not as good as no holes but looked one hell of a sight better for very little expense.

MS KWIK

Established Member
Hey Darin,

That's about exactly what I did, and it came out great. Even though I put my "Ford Racing" plate on the front, it still is not the same as having a clean look without that ugly front bracket.

I told my dealer not to mount the bracket, a lot of good that did! :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread