Hole in my radiator! Im so pissed!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Well the coolent leak was from a huge hole in my radiator and since thats not a manufactures defect i have to pay 710 plus tax! Yippee, f a donkey! im so pissed guys! Wooosaaaa

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
If you haven't done it already, I would consider an aftermarket unit. Cheaper and larger. Try Fluidyne.

Dana

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Dana said:
If you haven't done it already, I would consider an aftermarket unit. Cheaper and larger. Try Fluidyne.

Dana
I already did it, and i dont ****en care anymore modding thanks anyways

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
How the hell did you get a hole in it? I would go with an aftermarket unit like Dana suggested. Defientely a cheaper and better way to go

Dave

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Juiced46 said:
How the hell did you get a hole in it? I would go with an aftermarket unit like Dana suggested. Defientely a cheaper and better way to go

Dave
Ya, anyone have a link to one? does it connect to everthing stock?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Well, since you're not doing any more mods, the following will be for the others that are considering upgrading the cooling system.

this is from Fluidyne's forum site:
http://fluidyne.netgarage.net/viewtopic.php?topic=274&forum=1&1

This is what it says:
FLUIDYNE part number FHP20-97MU would be the direct-fit radiator for the mustang.600-700Horsepower would be pretty close to what we would consider to be the upper limit on cooling ability for this radiator. Good airflow is the key factor. This radiator is approximately 1-1/4 inches thicker than the stock radiator, and is manufactured with a 2-row core, using 1 inch tubes. This would be the unit that I would recommend for your application. This is the same radiator that Saleen puts into their Saleen Mustangs, and it works well for them

The list price seems to be in the $400 area, but I didn't shop around either.

Dana

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Dana said:
Well, since you're not doing any more mods, the following will be for the others that are considering upgrading the cooling system.

this is from Fluidyne's forum site:
http://fluidyne.netgarage.net/viewtopic.php?topic=274&forum=1&1

This is what it says:
FLUIDYNE part number FHP20-97MU would be the direct-fit radiator for the mustang.600-700Horsepower would be pretty close to what we would consider to be the upper limit on cooling ability for this radiator. Good airflow is the key factor. This radiator is approximately 1-1/4 inches thicker than the stock radiator, and is manufactured with a 2-row core, using 1 inch tubes. This would be the unit that I would recommend for your application. This is the same radiator that Saleen puts into their Saleen Mustangs, and it works well for them

The list price seems to be in the $400 area, but I didn't shop around either.

Dana

sounds good but im just going with the factory one i dont care anymore lol

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
BruntzySVT said:
sounds good but im just going with the factory one i dont care anymore lol

Tell you what, I have my stock radiator (I upgraded to a Fluidyne) that I'll sell to you for $150 plus shipping. If you are interested, email me at: [email protected]

MJ

BruntzySVT

Established Member
mjchip said:
Tell you what, I have my stock radiator (I upgraded to a Fluidyne) that I'll sell to you for $150 plus shipping. If you are interested, email me at: [email protected]

MJ
Dude that would be totally awesome, but i already had ford order the other one and dont wanna go back on them

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Those friggin' stray bullets are a real pain. Stay clear of the projects and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
BruntzySVT - The temp gauge goes in the block between 7&8. I also have a used factory unit if anyone needs one.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
BruntzySVT said:
Dude that would be totally awesome, but i already had ford order the other one and dont wanna go back on them

just tryin' to help a brutha out.

MJ

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
cancel the one from Ford and buy MJ's...I even think they are easy enough to install yourself with some hand tools and a couple of jackstands...could save you $550...

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I blew 3 stock radiators. The first two Ford replaced under warranty. The third I replaced with the Fluidyne and also new head gaskets and head bolts. Problem resolved. How much boost are you running? Do you have an upper or lower pulley?

If all you have is something like intake and exhaust then you are crazzy not to make Ford cover it under warranty. Hell I had a 490 rwhp at the time I blew the first two and they still replaced them under warranty. I have more HP now and I would have been a fool to pay the cost of a stock one and not a fluidyne. But hey it is your car!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
dude the hole was caused by a bolt that came outta my engine some how so its my fault some how...but get this even better news, THE FAN GOT CHIPPED AND I NEED A NEW ONE OF THOSE THE FAN IS 279 DOLLARS WOOT!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
This doesnt have to be such a bad situation if you think about it guys, there is something called insurance;)

Users who are viewing this thread