Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I have been looking for a fishing kayak for sometime now and after attending the fly fishing show here in Denver and seeing the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14 I think I am sold, Hobie Cat Company - Mirage Pro Angler 14

I fly fish year round but also fly fish and bass/catfish in the summer and want something that is portable and comfortable to fish out of for extended periods of time. That said does anyone have experience with Hobie or similar set-ups? I need it to be foot propelled such as the Hobie. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
What's the need for a foot propelled yak? Just curious if it's what you're just wanting or actually need it. I'd love to have a Hobie they're just so damn expensive. Right now I'm making due with my Jackson Coosa.

p4z9k.jpg

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
What's the need for a foot propelled yak? Just curious if it's what you're just wanting or actually need it. I'd love to have a Hobie they're just so damn expensive. Right now I'm making due with my Jackson Coosa.

p4z9k.jpg

Nice rig! I would like foot propelled because I have fished from many rafts and tubes that require oars and it is difficult to fly fish due to the oars getting in the way or laying in the water and snagging my retrieve line.

Even if there was an option for some sort of small, electric motor of sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread