hmmm what did i break...or whats about to break :/

Darufe

Established Member
So i took the car to the strip.
I noticed the tune is way off for some reason.
Havent had it retuned since i did clutch trany flywheel driveshaft but i dont see why that would affect a/f?!

Anyways its running very rich at wot.
10-10.5:1
Then for some reason i powershift to fourth the car runs like utter crap feels like its knocking. Dont make a big deal out of it let it cool down and well its kinda hard to pay attention to gauges at 120mph...
Turns out for some reason when i get into fourth my af goes to about 14:1?!?!
Driving back home hitting wot in fouth gives 10-11.5:1 although at much lower rpm.
The car was having nasty hesitations (almost like burping back up in the intake kinda sound while hesitating) then would get into higher boost and pull fine as the af got to where it needs to be.

Looks like i havent done any real damage from running lean as today the car drives fine or i should say drives like before the strip runs.

Kinda pointless to get it retuned now as i have a new motor on the way and a triple 465lph fuel system on the way..... but im hoping its only tune related and not some weird electrical/computer/sensor issue.... uhhh
Or mechanical for that matter....

Darufe

Established Member
Ya i did the relearn. I did have to pull the clutch to install dowel pins. I doubt 3 little pins would have made a huge difference?! Guess i could drive a couple hours to my buddies place and do it again uhh

GBCoyote

Established Member
Happen to know fuel pressure? It's with your tune if your pump isn't going out prematurely.

Darufe

Established Member
Didnt have rail pressure up on the gauges at that time. Im thinking the bap or pump is crapping out after running at full load for a while. Also just switched back to 5w20 after reading alot about oils. Went from redline 5w30 to royal purple 5w20 and noticed the car is smoking quite a bit.

Always did consume some oil with the turbos (wether it be breather or the occasional puff of smoke) but now it seems ever since the oil change and maybe moreso after the 14:1 wot.
Car still seems to pull pretty hard so i doubt i blew anything up.

God damn i dont want to pull those turbos off again its such a pita

Users who are viewing this thread