hmmm curious

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
You mean like damage the car?
Shouldn't, you will need to get MIl eliminators or turn the rear o2 off with a tuner, but that should be it.

Although I noticed a significant decrease in vibration when I put my axle-back on, I thinkt he stock muffler was the cause of some of it.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Wouldn't hurt a thing. I'm running JBA longtubes & off-road H-pipe with the stock axleback. I have NO PLANS to change it out either. I love the sound, and there is next to ZERO hp in an aftermarket axleback unless you're pushing some serious hp.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
DMassey said:
Wouldn't hurt a thing. I'm running JBA longtubes & off-road H-pipe with the stock axleback. I have NO PLANS to change it out either. I love the sound, and there is next to ZERO hp in an aftermarket axleback unless you're pushing some serious hp.
I was running the same setup till I had my accident. I installed the Magnaflow catback since the price of 1 factory muffler was close to the same price as the complete catback. The car sounds a lot better without being much louder.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
thump_rrr, how is that setup at cruising speeds? I wouldn't mind having a little more volume at WOT, but I LOVE how quiet the stock muffler/longtube setup is at cruising speeds (~50-80 mph).

Thump_rrr

Established Member
DMassey said:
thump_rrr, how is that setup at cruising speeds? I wouldn't mind having a little more volume at WOT, but I LOVE how quiet the stock muffler/longtube setup is at cruising speeds (~50-80 mph).
It's relatively quiet. No drone or anything but then again I'm running 4.10's.
It got rid of the trumpeting completely.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Thanks Thump. I have 4.10's as well, and IF I were to ever buy a set of mufflers I've always looked at the MagnaFlow's just because I like their tips. I just can't bring myself to do it because I've not seen anybody pick up any power with mufflers on these cars. Did YOU notice any increase at all??
... plus I kinda like the sleeper look of the stock mufflers/tips on my car :)

Users who are viewing this thread