HK94

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Hello all, I’m trying to help a friend out and determine the value of a rifle he owns. He has an original Heckler and Koch model 94 that he bought new in 1989 and has only ran about 100 rounds through it, so needless to say it’s in very good condition and like new. Being that most car people are gun nuts as well, I’m hoping someone on here has some input on this matter. We know it’s worth a few grand but just how much past that? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
27865c08779b0c4546b22a2a1e5c1fa3.jpg
8254a8bcc8ca0e08b3a9fffa9724f9a3.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
That's a tough one- looks like the barrel OAL is close to 16". Being mfg in 1989, it is post-ban, so 16"+ makes sense. Pre-ban is more desirable for rarity.

Good condition HK94s can easily run in the $3k+ range. NFA Pre-'86 SA run $5k+.

I'd put that in the $3500-$4k range on the low side, personally, based on the collapsible stock and condition. I'd tell him to hold onto it.

On the F/A side, Pre-86 FA versions are running $30k+ now, and the full-giggle sear packs are in the same range.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
That's a tough one- looks like the barrel OAL is close to 16". Being mfg in 1989, it is post-ban, so 16"+ makes sense. Pre-ban is more desirable for rarity.

I'd put that in the $3500-$4k range on the low side, personally, based on the collapsible stock and condition. I'd tell him to hold onto it.

On the F/A side, Pre-86 FA versions are running $30k+ now, and the full-giggle sear packs are in the same range.

Thank you for the info! Ya we looked one up on GB and found a FA one for $45k. Absolutely crazy how expensive those guns can get. He said he wants to get rid of it as to stay within the law because he failed to register as an assault weapon in the time given. I’m with you on that price. I figured it was at least $4000 all day long.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

This was a civilian commercial MP-5 hence the HK-94 moniker and the 16 inch barrel as anything less is illegal unless you file the FBI paperwork and background check to get a tax stamp so as to get a 9 inch barrel conversion.

Simple supply and demand as there is only about 2000 pre 1986 class III trasferable examples of MP-5's in the country that civilians can legally own. Hence the high prices.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
My 2015 BB of gun values says 100% condition is $4150 with retractable stock....98% [most likely your value] is $3950. Figure 3 years since then so around $4100 to $4200 for a more accurate estimate.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
If you were closer, I would be interested in purchasing for that price. I just have this problem with buying sight unseen. Irk if that rifle was all your friend purchased. There was a package that came with a scope and bipod also that would increase the value.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
If you were closer, I would be interested in purchasing for that price. I just have this problem with buying sight unseen. Irk if that rifle was all your friend purchased. There was a package that came with a scope and bipod also that would increase the value.

Interesting. I will ask about those items tomorrow when I see him at work. He said he has everything that it came with and all the paper work etc.

CV355

_
Established Member
Thank you for the info! Ya we looked one up on GB and found a FA one for $45k. Absolutely crazy how expensive those guns can get. He said he wants to get rid of it as to stay within the law because he failed to register as an assault weapon in the time given. I’m with you on that price. I figured it was at least $4000 all day long.

No problem. I would advise him to contact a firearms trust lawyer and maintain ownership. As much as I would love to buy it from him, I would strongly recommend he hang onto it. It's only going to appreciate in value and become rarer with time.

This was a civilian commercial MP-5 hence the HK-94 moniker and the 16 inch barrel as anything less is illegal unless you file the FBI paperwork and background check to get a tax stamp so as to get a 9 inch barrel conversion.
Simple supply and demand as there is only about 2000 pre 1986 class III trasferable examples of MP-5's in the country that civilians can legally own. Hence the high prices.

Exactly. I went the trust route for my NFA/C3 goodies. No full-giggle, though I have a family member who has some insanely rare F/A pre-ban firearms. Those are his retirement fund. His MP5 is the least valuable out of all of them. There are several worth 6-figures. And he has them in one of the nastiest states in the country for gun laws- the hoops he has to go through to retain C3SOW is ridiculous.

I actually had an F4 rejected by the ATF a few months ago- dirtbags wouldn't honor postmarked applications to beat the 41F deadline, so they rejected the app and didn't notify anyone. The stamp tax fee dissolved and I had $1400 in limbo over it. Bunch of jerks. Of course if they read this they'll probably deny it again, but I'd ask them how it feels to know that 150 million people hate their guts and don't believe their bureau should even exist. They should really focus on the "A" and "T" part of their name and get the "F" out.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is a very good HK forum out there. HKpro dot com. These guys are pro's. No B.S. Put it up for sale there. Lots of true HK enthusiasts who understand the real value of that rifle. I've been a member for years and have done some buying and selling off that website. 100% positive.

Beautiful rifle by the way. Most guys are gonna buy this and cut it up for a conversion. lol.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

He only has the rifle itself. He didn’t get the extra accessories.

There is a very good HK forum out there. HKpro dot com. These guys are pro's. No B.S. Put it up for sale there. Lots of true HK enthusiasts who understand the real value of that rifle. I've been a member for years and have done some buying and selling off that website. 100% positive.

Beautiful rifle by the way. Most guys are gonna buy this and cut it up for a conversion. lol.

Thanks I will mention that forum to him. By cutting it up and converting it, are you referring to making it into an MP-5?

Being that it’s California I’m not 100% positive on this but because of the rules and regulations here, I think it HAS to be sold outside of California to an FFL if it’s going to be sold. Does anyone know if that’s true or correct?

I’ve told him to keep it but he needs the money and he’s afraid he’s a “criminal” now by just owning it because he failed to register it with the new laws that passed here recently.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks I will mention that forum to him. By cutting it up and converting it, are you referring to making it into an MP-5?

Yes. It'll become an NFA item (short barrelled rifle or SBR). With the SP5k's out now I'm not sure how many folks would cut up an original 94. But who knows. There is always that one guy that wants 100% original German steel in his commissioned build.

But selling it on HKPro will generate lots of hits. On GB it'll just be another 9mm rifle. I usually advertise on both. Quality leads (not tire kickers) come from HKPro for these types of firearms. I've even bought/sold non-HK stuff on that forum. It's a good community with a high level of trust and respect.

Users who are viewing this thread