Hitting the track.....

S P E E D

Established Member
What should I expect to get out of the truck with these mods?

Volant Cold air
160 stat
SCT Hand held tuner
4 lbs pulley
305 MT Drags

Also could I support a 6Lbs pulley with those mods?

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
Depends on what year truck you have. If you're like me with an '03-'04 you'd expect numbers of about 400/500 which would probably net you low 13s.... maybe high 12s if you're a badass. But if you have a 99-02... expect your numbers to not be as great.

If you run a 6lb pulley... its not required but I'd get a custom tune along with it.

Good luck to you though! :thumbsup:

--Matt

Last edited:

MJG

Established Member
Yes you could support a 6lb pulley, would suggest upgrading your MAF though. I would also suggest ditching the canned tune with the handheld and get a tune from a reputable tuner. Swap your stock plugs to some NGK TR6s, they are a cooler range plug and should be used especially when upping the boost.
I would at least throw in some slapper bars or some sort of traction device &/or driveshaft loop with your mods, all this torque can break stuff if you hook with those M/Ts.

Bootie

Established Member
Depends on what year truck you have. If you're like me with an '03-'04 you'd expect numbers of about 400/500 which would probably net you low 13s.... maybe high 12s if you're a badass. But if you have a 99-02... expect your numbers to not be as great.

If you run a 6lb pulley... its not required but I'd get a custom tune along with it.

Good luck to you though! :thumbsup:

--Matt

01-04 have identical engines except for the number of plug hole threads

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I would say low to mid 13's. If you really want to, you may consider some minor weight reduction by dropping your spare tire and removing the tailgate. Just play around with the launch a little, that is what will make the difference in times.

SVT2122

Established Member
I went 12.5 with a 6lb pulley/K&N FIPK/borla catback. I've been searching for the past 2 years for the tuner with no luck, my only guess at this point, is that god tuned it, and thats why it runs so fast. :shrug:

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
hey with a good tune you can get in the 400/500 club...and depending on a couple different things like track prep tires and your driving skills you should be able to hit 12's...and like snipejdm said the 01-04 are basically the same the 99-00 dont make quite the same power

S P E E D

Established Member
So I can run the 6 Lber with those mods above. Good to know...I think I'm gonna pull my wideband off the bike and toss it on the truck to be safe.

uncooked

Established Member
I went 12.9 on a canned diablo tune / 4lb lower / other minor bolt ons

It was spinning most of first on 555r's

To the guys saying stuff about years...

Look up some numbers... Most of the fastest stock / lightly modded trucks seem to be 2000's ....

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Low 13's
Ditch the Volant Cold air, its as restrictive as the stock one.
Chickenears or JLP forced air may net you a tenth or two.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
hey with a good tune you can get in the 400/500 club...and depending on a couple different things like track prep tires and your driving skills you should be able to hit 12's...and like snipejdm said the 01-04 are basically the same the 99-00 dont make quite the same power

My 2000 put down 344 with just a drop in filter and a canned SCT tuner. Not too shabby for being 360 at the crank stock. The tune changes every deficiency between 99-00/01-04 except the midplate/cooler, MAF and driveshaft. Other than that is gears but that has nothing to do with the power you put down, just your times. The Midplate/cooler should not really be a big deal except for heat soak.

Jaimie

Users who are viewing this thread