Hitting the track...Results!

S P E E D

Established Member
Well the results are in from the track and these are the only mods I had time to get ready for Saturday....

AEM Cold Air
160 Stat
SCT SF3 (Shelf Tune for 93 Octane)
305 MT Drag Radials

And here's the results...

ET: 13.1
MPH: 103

And the video.... (Sorry about the quality)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8aPU1onQyo"]YouTube - 01 Lightning Run[/ame]

My sixty foot didn't register on my timeslip but I was getting low 1.90's on my other passes. It was most likely a low 1.90 or high 1.89. I ran the 13.1 on my first pass and didn't even leave as hard as I woulda liked but later I was trying to leave harder but the track went away by then and she would just let loose. So I guess the question I have is....Now with these results, What kinda times can expect Tuned on a 4 or 6 Pounder!

Last edited:

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
thats pretty good considering you basically just have a tune....how did u like the tires ive been thinking of trying them i have only had the nitto 555rs and i like them but would like to try the MT radials

S P E E D

Established Member
thats pretty good considering you basically just have a tune....how did u like the tires ive been thinking of trying them i have only had the nitto 555rs and i like them but would like to try the MT radials

I've run the Nittos before on another vehicle and I liked them but these MT's are pretty deadly. Only thing I wish they had was more options for a bigger sidewall in an 18. The ones I have are 305/35/18's and when the track started to go away I tried dropping tire pressure and had no luck with hooking up. With a bigger sidewall I think they would hook up better when the track starts to go away cause you have more transfer and a bigger footprint.

But aside from that they hooked up pretty good considering our track up here gets little to no track prep and is always 2 tenths slower then the other tracks around.

uncooked

Established Member
Good time man !

Its a different animal with the pulley though, traction becomes very hard to find down low haha

I did a 13.2 on hankooks with a few minor bolt ons and a canned diablo 93 tune.

My best now with a 4lb pulley canned diablo pulley tune, and a fair bit more bolt ons is a 12.9 ( nitto 555r's)

Not a huge difference in times but with the pulley it is spinning almost all of first ! Need to get slicks on to take advantage.

S P E E D

Established Member
Good time man !

Its a different animal with the pulley though, traction becomes very hard to find down low haha

I did a 13.2 on hankooks with a few minor bolt ons and a canned diablo 93 tune.

My best now with a 4lb pulley canned diablo pulley tune, and a fair bit more bolt ons is a 12.9 ( nitto 555r's)

Not a huge difference in times but with the pulley it is spinning almost all of first ! Need to get slicks on to take advantage.

What was your mph? 103 MPH isn't what I was expecting butwhen you hook up you always end up with lower MPH and a better time. I think I am gonna invest in some traction bars and Slicks.

uncooked

Established Member
I think when I did the 13.2 it was something like 102. It was a low low 1.8 60 that I lucked out on.

The 12.9 was at 106 . something with a high 1.9 60

S P E E D

Established Member
Weather was 75 Degrees with a cross wind and we're about 375 feet above sea level. Just ordered a 4 Lbs pulley from Mark @ Lightning Force along with an SCT Custom tune. Hitting the dyno FRIDAY! Then it's back to the track! Thanks again Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread