Hit & Run in TX

redrocket16

Established Member
Hi everyone just looking to get leo's perspective on a recent accident I was in and victim of a hit & run. The damage didn't seem too bad but from what the body shop is saying its getting worse the further they are digging (not my cobra thankfully but beside the point).
I had 2 witnesses and they told the officer who showed up on the day of the wreck (albiet 40 minutes after the call came) and the report states she was in the wrong and took off. I have a 250 deductible for uninsured and 500 regular deductible in normal cases so as of right now its 500.

Now the part I was hoping to get a little help with, I have her plate # engrained in my memory and I have spotted her car twice now in Corpus which is where the accident was. The first time I was so damn happy I called the non emergency line and told them I spotted the car that hit me however she was gone within 10 minutes of me waiting it out and I ended up calling them back and cancelling the call as it was going on yet another 40 minutes without anyone showing this time. Is there anything at all that would help me in this case if I find her vhecile and the police happen to get there in time? They can issue the ticket to her and impound her car if she doesn't have current insurance but will it help me? I hate the fact that she very well could get off without any repercussion while I'm stuck paying any deductible and risking my insurance going up along with the accident now on the car's history.

Thanks fellas for any advice on to keep looking for her car or move on and just understand nothing will really come of it for her unless shes stopped for other various moving violations.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
You could go to the police station and give them the tag number and report the accident and let them take care of it.

That is how i would handle it rather than you trying to figure out where she will be next.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
If the PD has the plate they are likely doing an investigation to get all the info needed for the crash. Also make sure to give the plate to your insurance. Some companies have their own investigators that will find her and get her insurance info so they can send them the bill

redrocket16

Established Member
If the PD has the plate they are likely doing an investigation to get all the info needed for the crash. Also make sure to give the plate to your insurance. Some companies have their own investigators that will find her and get her insurance info so they can send them the bill

They have the plates and last I heard were seeing if she had insurance but who knows when that will be resolved. I was hoping to have an officer come out and either have her car towed or have her show her insurance and then file that on the report so that my insurance could have the info. Also hate the fact that people think they can just run from things and not own up to their error and if she hits someone again she wouldn't learn her lesson.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
Hi everyone just looking to get leo's perspective on a recent accident I was in and victim of a hit & run. The damage didn't seem too bad but from what the body shop is saying its getting worse the further they are digging (not my cobra thankfully but beside the point).
I had 2 witnesses and they told the officer who showed up on the day of the wreck (albiet 40 minutes after the call came) and the report states she was in the wrong and took off. I have a 250 deductible for uninsured and 500 regular deductible in normal cases so as of right now its 500.

Now the part I was hoping to get a little help with, I have her plate # engrained in my memory and I have spotted her car twice now in Corpus which is where the accident was. The first time I was so damn happy I called the non emergency line and told them I spotted the car that hit me however she was gone within 10 minutes of me waiting it out and I ended up calling them back and cancelling the call as it was going on yet another 40 minutes without anyone showing this time. Is there anything at all that would help me in this case if I find her vhecile and the police happen to get there in time? They can issue the ticket to her and impound her car if she doesn't have current insurance but will it help me? I hate the fact that she very well could get off without any repercussion while I'm stuck paying any deductible and risking my insurance going up along with the accident now on the car's history.

Thanks fellas for any advice on to keep looking for her car or move on and just understand nothing will really come of it for her unless shes stopped for other various moving violations.

They don't car and won't do anything about it. I know the person who hit my car they even admitted it 3 weeks later still nothing. Or at least for Washington state it's this way I was told to take him to court. I am stuck with over 3k in body damage and now to find out I have a bent rr axle.
good luck

Last edited:

redrocket16

Established Member
They don't car and won't do anything about it. I know the person who hit my car they even admitted it 3 weeks later still nothing. Or at least for Washington state it's this way I was told to take him to court. I am stuck with over 3k in body damage and now to find out I have a bent rr axle.
good luck

It really does suck. What I find ironic is the city is hurting for money to fund the PD and this person should have their car impounded and pay a fine to get it out or if they fail to pay within the timeframe, they auction it off. Oh and I have been getting the run around at the body shop too. Sounds like they are having some good turnover in front office and body shop techs and its causing my car to get delayed and they are sugar coating the hell out of it. I called BS finally and showed up and talked to the mgr however I really don't have anything I can do at this point while they take their time to complete the repair. Going on 3-4 weeks now btw for what I was originally told was a week job at the most. Bill is now at 4500.

What is your insurance company doing?

So far they have the police report which states I am at 0 fault. They have been great and I really hope that continues and I have spoken to my rep about 3-4 times during this process. He has reassured me each and everytime my rates will not go up and I will retain the acident free rate since I was not the cause of the accident. They were also checking into the owner who hit me and see if she has current insurance but I have not heard back on that yet. If its uninsured my deductible is $250 and a normal deductible of $500 so we shall see how it all plays out.

BTW I know where the person works as I drive by their every day which pours salt into the wounds of this whole damn process.

Users who are viewing this thread