Hit by the bug

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Ever since they first announced the 662HP 2013 GT500 I knew somehow I would get one. My local dealer is very small and I bugged them to sign up for the program, but they did not.

So I let the whole thing go until their sister dealership showed they had a pure stock no options black car on the lot just a few weeks ago. So I called my guy and said I will buy that car. He tells me no problem and he would bring it over to his place from the other dealership.

Well just as they are going to pick it up and move it by me, the other dealership tells us they sold it. So I am thinking it was not meant to be.

A few hours later my sales guy calls and said he found me a different car and did I want it. Well I did want the Recaros, and a glass roof is nice; white with red is not my first choice but now that I have seen it I really like it and even better my wife who was all pissed off about the whole thing has decided it is cool and she loves the way it looks.

So it is sitting safely at my dealer where I will take position in March and hope for a break in the weather here in Iowa……….Steve

These are just cell phone pics. Going over later with DSLR to get real pics

12.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My 2013 was white/red, I loved it!

It really had a unique look to it.

David Neibert

Established Member
The car is locked in for me. Look close and you will see a little sold sticker on the window. If you look at my sig, which is not complete, I buy a lot of Ford and GM from my guy........Steve

It would drive me nutts having my new GT500 sitting on the dealer showroom floor with people leaning on it and touching it everyday.

David

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It would drive me nutts having my new GT500 sitting on the dealer showroom floor with people leaning on it and touching it everyday.

David

Or people like my father in law who just get in whatever car is in the dealership.

In this instance, an unsold brand new ZL1..

I'm just like :shrug: :poke:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
You guys are funny........In the end, its just a car and it will be fine.

They keep it locked and I am fine that it dresses up the showroom for a bit.

They have been very good to me and I to them........Steve

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
You guys are funny........In the end, its just a car and it will be fine.

They keep it locked and I am fine that it dresses up the showroom for a bit.

They have been very good to me and I to them........Steve

They should pay you or give you a good discount for using the car for promotional purposes. Congrats.

dom418

Established Member
So why is it not coming home until March? There will probably still be salt on the roads then. I'd want that baby in my garage even if I had to transport it. Congrats and I love the wheels!

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
So why is it not coming home until March? There will probably still be salt on the roads then. I'd want that baby in my garage even if I had to transport it. Congrats and I love the wheels!

The weather has been really bad around here and I do not need to have it in my garage to stare at, since I will end up driving it due to notable lack of self control.

So it can sit at my dealer who rarely has any cool cars in the showroom since they sell a boat load of trucks. Just knowing it is mine makes me happy.....Steve

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
needspeed said:
...my wife who was all pissed off about the whole thing has decided it is cool and she loves the way it looks.

And all was good with the world...:)

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread