Hit and Run, need some advice/info please!

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
Officers,

I was involved in a hit and run back in Oct. 2011 while on my bike. The perp over corrected to avoid a car that was making a u turn and side swiped me. This asshole left me for dead on the side of the road. I ran across the truck for the first time this morning getting on the interstate. I called the local authorities and they blew me off giving mr excuses. I was able to snap a picture of his license plate (Louisiana Tag V836823). This truck has all the damage in the correct spots to support my claim. Im also including in this post the pics of the accident scene and the truck that hit me... The motive for my request of info is so I can build a case to go after him civilly to recoupe all or some of my loses and to seek vengance for what this guy has put my family and myself through. Any info or suggestions would be great....
Thanks, Steve
The perp:

Crash Scene:

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
That's totally ****ed up.... You got the guys info now. I assume you made a report the day of, correct?

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
I made a report from the hospital, however I couldn't remember the plate. I called the local police today while in traffic with the truck in front of me and they just gaffed me off... So it seems that I will have to do the leg work on getting justice served to this asshole. So I have blasted this pic and story to every social media site/forum that I am assoicated with to see what I can come up with. The more info the better if I can get any..... If any LEO needs to view the crash report, pm me your email add. and I will send to you, Thanks

Last edited:

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Accident report, at the scene correct? Hit and run filed that day?

If so you gave description right

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you didnt get a plate number at the time of the accident how can you be sure it is the same vehicle? Are there any unique distinguishing features that allow you to ID this as the right vehicle? The damage wont do it unless you have performed chemical analysis of paint transfer.

Then, if it is the same vehicle how do you prove who was driving?

if the officer you spoke with wasnt interested you should take your proof to a detective there.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I made a report from the hospital, however I couldn't remember the plate.

So I have blasted this pic and story to every social media site/forum that I am assoicated with to see what I can come up with.

Like Adam said, how do you know this is the same truck or even the same driver?

It would be one thing if you were absolutely sure about both, but you're not and you just posted the person's license plate all over the Internet. That probably wasn't the best idea.

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
Like Adam said, how do you know this is the same truck or even the same driver?

It would be one thing if you were absolutely sure about both, but you're not and you just posted the person's license plate all over the Internet. That probably wasn't the best idea.

Because I remembered the first three letters/numbers of the plate and as you can see I needed the other 4. So I am sure this is /was the truck.. Also it has my handle bar marks down the side and damage were impact was made. Dont worry guys I have already got the info I needed from a LEO buddy.... This kid had a warrant out at the time of the accident for a drug charge in August that he skipped court on.Explains why he hauled ass in Oct. He turned himself in on the drug charge in Nov. did a couple months and now is out on bail. This is why I havent seen this truck until now.... So you see guys it doesnt pay to piss off a retired Marine... All I needed was a little info on dirtball Johnny here to put the missing pieces of this puzzle together. State Police are investigating as we speak and an arrest should be made shortly......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread