Hit and run advice please.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
I received a letter in the mail this past weekend from the police department of Charleston, South Carolina saying my truck was involved in a hit and run in their city on 4/3/09. I was there but on that date I had left the truck and its keys at my sisters house so anyone needing to take stuff downtown for the wedding could use it. I was out with the groomsmen golfing all day then shuttled downtown for the wedding rehersal. It seems someone must have nudged another car in a parking lot or something. I really have no idea. It gave me an officer to contact. I realize something may go on my isurance to fix the other car, but could something go agaisnt me since I wasn't even driving the truck? Does anyone have any advice for this situation? Do I need a lawyer?

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
No you do not need a lawyer at this point in time. Tell the officer exactly what happened, do not attempt to hide any information. DON'T lie about it! Evidently, someone turned your vehicle in and the question is can they identifiy the driver? Video survailence? These cases normally require your insurance information. This is the price you pay for loaning your vehicle out.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I would ask the family exactly who drove the car and when. Should be able to figure out which "friend" did it...assuming it wasn't you

mustangcobra93

Established Member
Well, that is what I did. I was on the golf course all day and I knew people needed to get some stuff moved downtown so I let them use my truck. I can't help it I try to be nice. I'm not even sure if there was anything done to my truck. Since its an old farm truck there are dents and dings all over it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Well, that is what I did. I was on the golf course all day and I knew people needed to get some stuff moved downtown so I let them use my truck. I can't help it I try to be nice. I'm not even sure if there was anything done to my truck. Since its an old farm truck there are dents and dings all over it.

Just cooperate with the police and their investigation and you should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread