Highway run

Twisty

Established Member
I was heading to taco bell on 28 about to turn and here comes this black sunfire. He stops at the light and I ask the two guys in the car if they want to **** around with this guy. We decided that we could wait for the food and got in the other lane next to him. There were other cars in front so no racing off the light. We could tell he had a few mods, I could hear a intake and he was running quad exhaust. He was pulling in front of us cause his lane was opening up and got behind him and over around the cars that were in front. We got next to each other at about 60 and I let him get the jump. So I heard him hit it and pegged the gas and pulled a car on him and just kept walking him. We played with him for about another 3 miles and just walked him everytime even when he had a half car length to get the jump on me.:burnout: It would have been nice to get a light he might have had a better chance.

Twisty

Established Member
Your running the same engine in your Saturn aren't you. What kinda mods do you have and do you have any 1/4 times. Also something that I thought was kinda fun there was a kid with a Hyundai Alantra who was sitting in the parking lot of Mickey D's. With his hood open so we rolled over and got out. He had a ram air that came down and looked like a intercooler but it wasn't hooked up to the throttlebody. So he wasn't even running a filter what a moron.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by Twisty
Your running the same engine in your Saturn aren't you. What kinda mods do you have and do you have any 1/4 times. Also something that I thought was kinda fun there was a kid with a Hyundai Alantra who was sitting in the parking lot of Mickey D's. With his hood open so we rolled over and got out. He had a ram air that came down and looked like a intercooler but it wasn't hooked up to the throttlebody. So he wasn't even running a filter what a moron.
Nah, all the S-Series Saturns run the 1.9 SOHC or DOHC motor. L-Series run Ecotecs.

My car is a pre-95 sohc, only mod is a KN filter, and stock, it puts a whoppin 85 HP at the crank, go me. Only saving grace of that car is torque downlow, the fact its a manual, and the fact I know how to drive that car in and out. It also gets good milage :). I've taken my friends grand am, but around 30 is when he starts just destroying me, *oops*, probably a 17 second car.

Here's the really sick part, some guy did a S/C 3800 swap in a saturn. Talk about sick, this thing runs 13s. I can post that image when i get around to it. Believe me, when my engine dies, I have some sick thoughts for a transplan ;) Northstar anyone... :rolling:

Other than that, I want out of this 4-cylinder hell

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I want out of this 4 cylinder he//. - Sinister
:lol: LOL -- Sinister, there's a guy in Canada who did that same swap to his '97 Z24 and is in the high 13s also. :)
Good kill, Twisty. :beer: To its credit, the j-body has come a loooooooong way in terms of its aftermarket and what its capable of stock (meaning the now optional GM S/C for the '96-'02 TwinCam engines).

Still, its usually best for us to run from a stop b/c - I'll be honest - the closer we get to top end the more that power band begins to fall flat on its face. Torque and low-end is its strong point. EDIT: NOT saying he would have won...lol Just giving info is all.

My guess is that you ran a '96-'02 Sunfire GT b/c those came stock with dual exhausts, 150hp/155tq. Could have been a '95 like mine, in which case it had 150hp/150tq stock.

I feel bad for my fellow j-owner...lol Still, I love those SVT Contours. Again, good kill. :)

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Yeah, That's about all this car is good for. I play with rice down low, but up top, damn.
:lol: Ditto!

zzzzzer

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Some sicko has something like 400 hp comming from a 1.9 satty engine
****ing sick if you ask me.
:eek: Now THAT'S a tuner. Just goes to show what can be done with enough time, knowledge and C$!A$!S$!H$!

400 horses? Geez -- that guy reminds me of the Hyaundai Tiburon owner in Texas. Tibby runs 11's, has TWO independent automatic TRANSMISSIONS :shrug:, and runs on methanol. Apparently some tuners are the mad scientists of the automotive world...lol :)

Twisty

Established Member
Thanks guys! I ran a z24 the other day and the girl driving it seemed to have some trouble off the line so I didn't think she was racing so I slowed and then all the sudden I hear her coming up and I punched it she pulled on me but then she dropped off. She looked kinda upset, but I guess I would be if i messed up and lost. She had a few mods from what I could tell and I was surprised she pulled on me like she did.

Users who are viewing this thread