highway patrol advice

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
Im going to try to get in the highway patrol school in North Carolina next summer. Im curently in BLET in rockingham NC and will finish up in january 2010. Hopfully i can go strait in to trooper school. all the advice i can get would be a great help

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Id get some experience first to make sure HP is what you really want. They are "different" compared to city/county depts. If you go straight in, be ready for an eye opener. They do not play games in school.Ive seen seasoned city police drop out with their tail between their legs

purpleyotagb

rustback
Established Member
I watched some videos from the academy and it looks really intense. I know i have to be ready physically and mentally for it. Has anyone gone through the steps to get into the academy?

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I was thinking about doing the same thing when i am done with my BLET in a few weeks. you better start the paper work now if you want to. Also you would want to get in the fast track program since you will have BLET. Ask a trooper about it and they can get you in contact with the recruiter. Paper work takes a long time. I think they told me around two years from start to when you leave for your fast track.

Users who are viewing this thread