Highest mileage 99\01 Cobra

94CobraPace

Established Member
Hey all, what's the highest mileage 99\01 Cobra?
What kind of problems can\do the 99\01 Cobras have\having.

I just picked up a stock (lowered, Borla stinger catback & shifter) white 01 Cobra vert (33k miles) to drive daily. My 94 Cobra Indy pace car is my weekend car, been that way for 4 years now. The 94 has 132k miles and still runs strong. These 5.0's last a long time if maintained. I know pushrod motors and am learning about mod motors.

Just seeing if the 01 will be able to go that long with out any problems.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
my old one has 150K or so on the body, which would be ~110K on the engine...transmissions are the only major probs i ever had other than the bunk original engine which ford replaced under warranty, no probs at all after that, original engine was missing oil control rings on two cylinders, burned oil from the day i bought it new...i think the trans issues were mostly my fault in retrospect...other than that, just IAC solenoid, outer tie rod ends, few small miscellaneous things...

01 Venom

Established Member
ya man they hold up if they are well maintained. Expect normal stuff to go here and there. But if you take care of it, it will take care of you

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I'm about to Roll 99K and its beaten every day.

Just had to clean the IAC and got the tranny rebuilt only cuz it was under warranty and its almost up.

Just check the oil level.

1999VENOM

Established Member
high mileage 99

My 1999 cobra has 112k miles, and it still runs as strong as ever. No major problems at all (knock on wood). I change the oil every 3k miles, spark plugs every 30k, and the tranny fluid every 50k. I'm still using the original starter, alternator, and even serpentine belt. The only parts I have ever had to replace are the IAC valve and a couple of O2 sensors. By far the most trouble-free and dependable car I have ever owned....:rockon:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i dunno about a cobra, but my daily driver 4.6L Expedition is still ticking on the factory motor and transmission at 207K miles :) doesn't burn any oil.

Transmission slips a wee bit on really hot days or towing a lot for a long distance. And I think the rear shocks just went out. but other than that its fine.

1999VENOM

Established Member
Yeah, You would think..... But as hard as it is to believe, there are no cracks or obvious signs of deterioration.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
1999VENOM said:
Yeah, You would think..... But as hard as it is to believe, there are no cracks or obvious signs of deterioration.

No way. No way.

The way to test is take it off and bend it in half. More than 3 cracks per inch its toast.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
I only have 31k on the clock but no problems ever, I still have the original battery in the car for 6 years now, I still can't believe that....

61z38fa.jpg

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
You know what happens when you change that serpentine belt, right?Everything else starts to go the Hell. It's...Murphy's Law.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
01YellowCobra23 said:
i still have my stock battery and i have 62xxx on the clock
My stock (original) battery lasted until 82k miles!! car now now has 87k miles and still runs strong but im about to have to change out that original factory clutch lol

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
I need to change the Plugs on my beast......and damn Tyronejekins your car is CLEAN. You can eat off that shit! I roached a tranny at 57,000 miles and got a built T56 so I'm happy now:rolling:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
No way. No way.

The way to test is take it off and bend it in half. More than 3 cracks per inch its toast.

I thought the belt was designed to crack :shrug: . If you have wear/tear on the belt is when you have real issues (literally rubber ripping away, warn down in only certain spots, etc.)

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
My 99 has 102,000 miles and it is driven hard on the turnpike to and from Miami every day!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread