Highest HP N/A Mod.

marksar

Established Member
Hey guys Im gonna start building a new motor for my Mystic here in a couple of months so Im kinda tossing some different ideas around as to what to do with it and I just wanted to know what is the highest HP output modular motor people have seen or heard about not using nitous?

1sloCobra

Banned
Well depends how radical you get. Look for N/A SVT and Naz for some input here.

You will be lucky to break 380rwhp without messing with compression or different heads.

4stang6

Established Member
tell you what from what i KNOW.
pending on what mystic you got i guess im going to say 96-98.
Those car , the BEST bolt ons for them are Fulllenth exhaust(LONGTUBES,MIDPIPE,CATBACK),and 03/04 Cobra Heads,and 99-01 Cobra Intake.
N/A with those bolt-ons , my buddies get 360-380 ALL DAY LONG,itll just cost you lets see 1200 for full exhaust,WITH installation(estimating) and 2200 for HEADS and INTAKE(estamating) pending on whos does it

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
4stang6 said:
tell you what from what i KNOW.
pending on what mystic you got i guess im going to say 96-98.
Those car , the BEST bolt ons for them are Fulllenth exhaust(LONGTUBES,MIDPIPE,CATBACK),and 03/04 Cobra Heads,and 99-01 Cobra Intake.
N/A with those bolt-ons , my buddies get 360-380 ALL DAY LONG,itll just cost you lets see 1200 for full exhaust,WITH installation(estimating) and 2200 for HEADS and INTAKE(estamating) pending on whos does it

now explain this to me.

The shortblock on a 98 cobra and the 99/01 are for all practical purposes the same (ignoring sidebolts and such). the compression is the same.

Now, a 99/01 makes about 300rwhp with full exhaust.

Could you please explain how a 98 cobra with C heads and intake, and full exhaust is gonna make 60 to 80rwhp more?

pretty much, im saying that you are full of shit.

On top of that slapnuts, lets do some math.

Headers=$500
Catback=350
midpipe=150

Tell me where you are getting your full exhaust installed for $200??

longtubes, plus everything else on a 4v for $200?

ok.

Finally, the mystic cobra was only built in 1996. There was a mystic 04 cobra, but that wouldn't exactly be NA, now would it.

4stang6

Established Member
98 too 99 heads are not the ****ing same dumbshit .. 99-04 cobra heads are ****ing PI COBRA HEADS you ****ing idiot.look that shit up your godamn self!
and for another part.i never said 200 bucks for full exhaust. i said 1200 for full length exhaust. 1200 not 200 read it again ****ing dumbass..... theirs a performance shop around here that does it for 1200 , around here i say in the dfw area

4stang6

Established Member
Even better tell you what here ya go ****ing smart ass . since you act like you know ..... only way how i know is BECAUSE I WORK ON THE M*THERF*UCKERS !

HERES THE PART NUMBERS AND THE INFO ON THEM BELOW..... GO TO FORD RACING WEBSITE TYPE THEM IN AND LOOK .....

M-6049-T46* Bare Head RH
M-6050-T46* Bare Head LH
These are the same heads that are used on the Ford Racing Performance Parts “FR500” Mustang. This project car has been featured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine, Car & Driver Magazine and 5.0 Mustang Magazine.

Fits 1999-04 4.6L DOHC 4V Mustang Cobra

Fits 1996-98 4.6L DOHC 4V Mustang Cobra with a production 1999-01 Cobra intake or Ford Racing Performance Parts intake manifold M-9424-DP50 or M-9424-T46

Improved high flow port design. Air flow increased approximately 20% intake and 15% exhaust over production heads

Can be used with stock 1999-04 or Ford Racing intake and exhaust manifolds

Can use stock cams, valves, springs, retainers and followers

Best performance when used with Ford Racing Performance Parts high lift cams, performance valves, springs, retainers and followers

Approximately 60 HP increase when used with Ford Racing Performance Parts camshafts, intake system, headers, free flow exhaust and recalibrated computer

52cc combustion chambers

M-9430-E464/E465 headers recommended

WAIT EVEN MORE DONT BELIEVE ME .. CLICK ON THE LINK YOURSELF
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5398

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
quadcammer said:
now explain this to me.

The shortblock on a 98 cobra and the 99/01 are for all practical purposes the same (ignoring sidebolts and such). the compression is the same.

Now, a 99/01 makes about 300rwhp with full exhaust.

Could you please explain how a 98 cobra with C heads and intake, and full exhaust is gonna make 60 to 80rwhp more?

pretty much, im saying that you are full of shit.

On top of that slapnuts, lets do some math.

Headers=$500
Catback=350
midpipe=150

Tell me where you are getting your full exhaust installed for $200??

longtubes, plus everything else on a 4v for $200?

ok.

Finally, the mystic cobra was only built in 1996. There was a mystic 04 cobra, but that wouldn't exactly be NA, now would it.

While I agree with you,
:pop:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Dude, you got to get to know Quad, you get used to his attitude.

Re read what he said.
96-99 shortblocks are basicly the same so use the 99 numbers.

99 with full exhaust will make 300, not 360-380

So putting those heads on a 96-98 will make the same.

You said 1200 on exhaust installed.
Headers are 500
Mid pipe 150
Catback 350
That = 1000
Leaving 200 for install.

I agree, you won't make 360-380 with 99,01 or 03-04 heads alone.

1sloCobra

Banned
STAMPEDE3 said:
Dude, you got to get to know Quad, you get used to his attitude.

Re read what he said.
96-99 shortblocks are basicly the same so use the 99 numbers.

99 with full exhaust will make 300, not 360-380

So putting those heads on a 96-98 will make the same.

You said 1200 on exhaust installed.
Headers are 500
Mid pipe 150
Catback 350
That = 1000
Leaving 200 for install.

I agree, you won't make 360-380 with 99,01 or 03-04 heads alone.

Yea, Quad has his way with his explanations on here. I also agree with what Quad said.

4stang6

Established Member
Oh Aight I Get It,thats My Bad .. But Tell You What.gearheads In Arlington,dfw Area,will Install Fulllengh Exhaust For 1200.and Believe Me They Will.how Do I Know Because I've Had 3 People Have It Had It Done.
Anyways.i Will Clear This Up.
My Other Friend With A Mystic That Works At Gearheads Put 03 Cobra Heads And A 99 Cobra Intake,also Has Jlt Intake I Believe And Pullies.and Hes Making 360 Already.... Ok Now Minus The Cai And Minus And Pullies So Basically Minus A Dyno Proven 25rwhp And Ad Another 35rwhp For The Full Length Exhaust And Puts Back To Where..370 ... Its What It Does .. It Aint No 2v . It Aint No Low Numbers Man

4stang6

Established Member
Oh Aight I Get It,thats My Bad .. But Tell You What.gearheads In Arlington,dfw Area,will Install Fulllengh Exhaust For 1200.and Believe Me They Will.how Do I Know Because I've Had 3 People Have It Had It Done.
My Other Friend With A Mystic That Works At Gearheads Put 03 Cobra Heads And A 99 Cobra Intake,also Has Jlt Intake I Believe And Pullies.and Hes Making 360 Already.... Ok Now Minus The Cai And Minus And Pullies So Basically Minus A Dyno Proven 25rwhp And Ad Another 35rwhp For The Full Length Exhaust And Puts Back To Where..370 ... Its What It Does .. It Aint No 2v . It Aint No Low Numbers Man

fourvalvegt

Established Member
4stang6 said:

if you are so confident that this is the magic combo post up dyno sheets im calling bs on this one because i have a dyno and many cobras with very similar combos. and just an fyi if i were you there are a few people on here who know what they are talking about and who are respected you need to shut up if you are going to talk to quadcammer like that

marksar

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
Are you talking any mod or just bolt ons?
Any NA mod.... Im starting over with a bare block, crank, bare heads, and intake, everything else I was planning on replacing. Anyone out there ever heard of any numbers put up from a 5.0L stroker kit for the 4.6? I havent made up my mind that Im definatley going to stay NA but I wanted to see what was out there, you never read or hear of a NA Cobra putting up competative numbers and I thought it might just be something different to see a NA cobra throwin up over 450 hp if it could be done. Oh yeah and DAMN THIS THREAD GOT HEATED!

Last edited:

1sloCobra

Banned
It has been done! Use the search and look for Nazman and NASvt. They are the N/A authorities on here.

Toasty

Established Member
4stang6 said:
98 too 99 heads are not the ****ing same dumbshit .. 99-04 cobra heads are ****ing PI COBRA HEADS you ****ing idiot.look that shit up your godamn self!
and for another part.i never said 200 bucks for full exhaust. i said 1200 for full length exhaust. 1200 not 200 read it again ****ing dumbass..... theirs a performance shop around here that does it for 1200 , around here i say in the dfw area

Another Kaczman love child?

Toasty

Established Member
4stang6 said:
Even better tell you what here ya go ****ing smart ass . since you act like you know ..... only way how i know is BECAUSE I WORK ON THE M*THERF*UCKERS !

HERES THE PART NUMBERS AND THE INFO ON THEM BELOW..... GO TO FORD RACING WEBSITE TYPE THEM IN AND LOOK .....

M-6049-T46* Bare Head RH
M-6050-T46* Bare Head LH
These are the same heads that are used on the Ford Racing Performance Parts “FR500” Mustang. This project car has been featured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine, Car & Driver Magazine and 5.0 Mustang Magazine.

Fits 1999-04 4.6L DOHC 4V Mustang Cobra

Fits 1996-98 4.6L DOHC 4V Mustang Cobra with a production 1999-01 Cobra intake or Ford Racing Performance Parts intake manifold M-9424-DP50 or M-9424-T46

Improved high flow port design. Air flow increased approximately 20% intake and 15% exhaust over production heads

Can be used with stock 1999-04 or Ford Racing intake and exhaust manifolds

Can use stock cams, valves, springs, retainers and followers

Best performance when used with Ford Racing Performance Parts high lift cams, performance valves, springs, retainers and followers

Approximately 60 HP increase when used with Ford Racing Performance Parts camshafts, intake system, headers, free flow exhaust and recalibrated computer

52cc combustion chambers

M-9430-E464/E465 headers recommended

WAIT EVEN MORE DONT BELIEVE ME .. CLICK ON THE LINK YOURSELF
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5398

FR500 heads need teh FR500 intake to match dont they? Thats alot of dough...

Toasty

Established Member
I recently took shipment of a book by Sean Hyland on building 4.6 performance engines. Say what you want about SHM and their pricey parts (I prolly wont ever buy from them), but the book has a 10:1 compression B head engine with cams making 405rwhp and 385 torque. All the usual suspects are in there, ported heads, cams, shortrunner intake, IMRC deletes, full length headers, etc etc. 400 rwhp is apparently doable, and I think NASVT and NAz can attest to this. The question is at what cost? I'd rather bolt on the KB 2.1 in a weekend and make an easy and moderately safe 400rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread