High Temp Silver paint to match 2011-12 Eatons. Any Ideas??

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Im looking to do somthing different appearence wise to my stock blower since Ill be using it again for the Hellion kit... Polished would be to much to keep up I think, Im not sure about powdercoating options... But I think if I could just get a high temp silver to closely match the new blower it be be pleaseing for me.. Any ideas? Thanks!!

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
which brand paint stripper? any of the walmart ones work?

thinking of painting my valve covers grabber blue. and polishing the blower or painting in flat wrinkle black.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Thanks guys Im gonna try the stripper then may be there is a dupont clearcoat I can spray it with to stop any tarnish.

Last edited:

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
I would like to know this also

Upon inspection of the provided pic above it looks as if it needs to be pulled apart....I would have thought it would be fine...wonder what the bolts that hold the front drive on would look like after? And I would really like to get a nice shiny pulley made to replace the stock one... who can make an interchanging pulley stock size and larger?!

Last edited:

CPRsm

Thanks guys Im gonna try the stripper then may be there is a dupont clearcoat I can spray it with to stop any tarnish.

A company names Eastwood makes a nice clear that holds up well. Make sure you tell them for natural surface. They makes two types. One for painted, one for non painted. Holds up to engine heat well, and does not stain when gas hits it like other clear coats.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
A company names Eastwood makes a nice clear that holds up well. Make sure you tell them for natural surface. They makes two types. One for painted, one for non painted. Holds up to engine heat well, and does not stain when gas hits it like other clear coats.

Metco and others I am sure. I have the metco and its the 2.6 and I know they make a stock size. I bet they have a larger option or could fab it up if needed.

plattner

Established Member
i just took out my eaton silver sc from my svt package gt500, and put in a 2.9 whipple send me a pm and maybe we can trade.

Boozshey

Established Member
The new silver one uses a different sensor and its integrated into the elbow. The older ones has the metal elbow coming off for the hose.

New cars can use the old ones by using some hose and extending the wres a lil, but old cars will be a lot of work to use the new ones.

However, if your evap system is disabled or is gonna be, then you can just cap that hole all together.

IMG_20110605_144735.jpg

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
ahhhh...Good Stuff! thanks for sharing!! Im really still on the fence about wether or not to strip the black paint off the blower.. which probably means I have to pull it completly apart or scuffing it down and painting it silver....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread