High speed vibration?

97RioRedSnake

SVT
Established Member
I recently had a shop swap out my stock gears for some 4.30s and ever since have been getting a high speed vibration. The vibe occurs at 85 mph and above and gets wprse when i let off the gas at those speeds. I returned the car to the shop and they rotated the driveshaft 180 degrees to try to solve the problem and the vibration is now worse. Any ideas?

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Mine did the same, aluminum driveshaft fixed it for me. If you go back and search there are 100 threads asking the same thing. It always happens with new gears and the lower he gears...the worse the vibration. I went from stock to 4.10's and the vibe came in about 85 mph, so I did nothing. When I went over to 4.30's, it kicked in about 70 and was unbearable by 85. I got a FRPP aluminum driveshaft and it pulls smooth upto 120+ mph now.

97RioRedSnake

SVT
Established Member
Alright thanks man, can't search right now (at work) and just needed a quick answer. Guess I'll be dropping some more $$ into the cobra...

gq916

Established Member
i got vibration after i bought my aluminum driveshaft...so i got it balanaced and everything is back to normal !

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
Mine did the same, aluminum driveshaft fixed it for me. If you go back and search there are 100 threads asking the same thing. It always happens with new gears and the lower he gears...the worse the vibration. I went from stock to 4.10's and the vibe came in about 85 mph, so I did nothing. When I went over to 4.30's, it kicked in about 70 and was unbearable by 85. I got a FRPP aluminum driveshaft and it pulls smooth upto 120+ mph now.
i have the same vibration at about 80...4.30's with stock driveshaft...replacing it with frpp alum d-shaft right now...hopefully it will help

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
i got vibration after i bought my aluminum driveshaft...so i got it balanaced and everything is back to normal !
how do u go about getting it balanced and how much? just in case i still have the vibration :rockon:

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
it could also be the clutch and flywheel sometimes...remember that if your flywheel is out of balance it will do it as well

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
mine did the same. they told me that it probably always vibrated but doing the gear swap just made it more noticable.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I get this as well in mine. Anything over 100mph makes the car shake quite a bit. I've got a T56 with the Terminator driveshaft, so I'll get it rebalanced and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread