High Speed Data Run Question.

laddanator

Established Member
So, when I installed my KB, I hooked the FPR hose into vacuum instead of boost. Didn't find this out until after my tune. Well, I've fixed the hose since and installed an A/F gauge. My tuner said if I could sent him some data log info, he could fix this issue with an email tune so I don't have to make the almost 3 hour trip back to their shop. The problem is, I'm scared to do 3rd gear pulls at 100 plus miles an hour and get pulled over by a cop. I would lose my license, I'm sure.

My questions is, have any of you done 3rd gear data pulls with the rear up on jack stands? If so, what did it feel like? Really doesn't sound too safe in my head.

laddanator

Established Member
Just find some desolate roads and do a quick pull. You'll be fine.

I thought about that after I posted the topic. I figured as much. :(

Can't do it on jack stands. There has to be a load on the engine

I did try to log last weekend. I hit the freeway and I had wide open space. I didn't get the car to WOT throttle when I passed a cop doing over 90. I saw him hit the breaks. Not sure if he turned around or not. I turned down the first road to the right and made 7 more turns! I got so lost, had to use the GPS on my phone to get me home! LOL I've been scared to try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread