high rpm vibration (over 4-5k)

Darufe

Established Member
Just swapped the flywheel clutch trany driveshaft uca shocks cc plates and a few other tidbits.
didnt notice any high rpm vibration at first but now it seems pretty bad?!
only does it when in gear.
it is rpm specific and not speed specific.

the mcleod twin disc clutch is VERY chattery but from what ive read thats normal until its broken in?
the starter sounds like its hitting the teeth on the flywheel wrong or something when it starts too?
i hope its not something like the flywheel missing teeth from a different sized teeth on the starter or something like that throwing everything out of balance.... ive sweat for like 3 days getting all this stuff on i do NOT want to pull it all apart again *cry*

Tyler72

Established Member
It seems weird to me that you say its RPM based but only does it while driving (in gear). Not saying you're full of BS but logically it just doesn't make sense. A vibration would be caused by something out of balance or something not seated right, but if its RPM based you'd think it would do it all the time.

86Fbody

Established Member
It seems weird to me that you say its RPM based but only does it while driving (in gear). Not saying you're full of BS but logically it just doesn't make sense. A vibration would be caused by something out of balance or something not seated right, but if its RPM based you'd think it would do it all the time.

RPM based sounds like DS. If it isn't balanced it will only do it around a certain RPM unlike a wheel being unbalanced coming on only at certain speeds.

Last edited:

Darufe

Established Member
I wasnt noticing it while stoped because I was only reving to 4k rpm.
It seems to start at 4500+ wether the clutch is in or not.
I did lose alot of weight going to mcleod rxt and alu flywheel. Could that simply be it??

Users who are viewing this thread