High rpm reluctor wheel ???

stangn

Established Member
Is there any tuning that needs to be done when you upgrade to the cj reluctor wheel or is it just an install and forget about it deal?

N20D5OH

Established Member
Is there any tuning that needs to be done when you upgrade to the cj reluctor wheel or is it just an install and forget about it deal?

Working in the programming world, I would think it's a must. It would be like me trying to change an encoder with a different resolution but not changing how I analyze the signal in the program. I'll be interested to see what someone that actually knows has to say.

After thinking a bit more I should have asked questions. Is the tooth count the same on the new wheel? Is the only difference that it's balanced or made of a lighter material? Again, with my experience so long as the tooth count hasn't changed, it should be fine.

Last edited:

stangn

Established Member
Ford claims the spacing is machined out a bit so the ECM thinks the rpm is slower. I wonder how that effects the tach signal and low rpm drivability?

Eric@jpc

Established Member

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
some one posted awhile back that if you install it the car will go to 8200 with no changes....

I have never seen it

looks like snake oil to me

My understanding was that the CJ ring helped with signal clarity at higher rpms. I figured since I had the boss intake and was shifting at 7500 it might help in some fashion but I have not been able to quantify it. I didn't have any issue with shifting that high before(aside from the transmission sucking which was remedied with your shop :) ) so I don't know if the CJ helped at all. It certainly didn't hurt and I guess I have a little more comfort knowing the computer, at least in theory, should be getting the cleanest crank position signal it possibly can, even if it's all for nothing.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we of course ordered one right away, exact same part # that was in our 2011 gt, didn't notice any difference

i'm with eric,

Bud

Established Member
I used one as well, the part of the wheel that has a wider gap between the teeth is shallower, only diff we could see. Who knows if it helps, figured might as well try it.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I used one as well, the part of the wheel that has a wider gap between the teeth is shallower, only diff we could see. Who knows if it helps, figured might as well try it.

My thoughts exactly..

What's odd is that the oem part number was still stamped on it with the ford racing part number scribed in--that seems very strange to me

Bud

Established Member
My thoughts exactly..

What's odd is that the oem part number was still stamped on it with the ford racing part number scribed in--that seems very strange to me

I don't have the updated oring for the crank sensor, wonder if that play there is a concern more than anything the CJ wheel might add. Car seems to run ok though :banana:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
My thoughts exactly..

Yea its alot like the "52#" injectors being sold for the the 13-14 GT500s

When you order a set they come in the 47# box with the number scribbled out and the have 52 real big with a marker. Then you open it and some one scraped off the 47# Part number

:rollseyes

Trying to pull a fast one. My guess is if you do the math a 47# injector is 52#s at 58 PSI

:lol: sometimes i think they are crooks

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

When you order a set they come in the 47# box with the number scribbled out and the have 52 real big with a marker. Then you open it and some one scraped off the 47# Part number

Trying to pull a fast one. My guess is if you do the math a 47# injector is 52#s at 58 PSI

Lmfao are you serious? That's some shady stuff right there. lol

Sick_Mustang

Established Member

Probably correct. Shady.....

At least I know my 47s I just ordered will be 47s :dw: .......hopefully lol

Users who are viewing this thread