high revvver

Lazervert

Established Member
Looking for a little bit of insight on how to rev to 7500 plus, i have t46 cams, i have a ported short runner, imrc deletes, and a teksid with a windage tray an a 8 bolt crank. Any idea on rods an piston combo, no overbore an no stroke, going turbo for sure in the future, just wana be quick with a shot of gas. This is a B headed car. Any input will be appreciated.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
H-beam rods, forged pistons, valve springs, and retainers, and degree the cams in properly.. :)

Lazervert

Established Member
Nicee, thats good to know i have the backbone items. Estimated power na with a 9 5 to 1 piston?

97cobra1

Established Member
you wont really see any significant gains with forging anything. stock compression is 9.8:1.

Lazervert

Established Member
, would like to see 650 to 700 to the tire after turbo, after all its a vert.....would a slightly higher than stock comp ratio for piston be sufficiant after a st.2 port on heads with a turbo? Like the first post, wana spin to 7500k plus and shoot some gas till i can build my piping and pay for good gates, and bov, with intercooler, just want it fast enough to pull lengths on the shitbox ls's around my area. Car with bolt ons before made 300 rwhp 309rwtq with bolt ons. With stock exhaust manifolds.

Users who are viewing this thread