High Performance clutch options

Caboose302

Established Member
Ok, So I did a search on different clutches (most of them on here) and most of them are pretty old and I've heard conflicting stories. My 96 GT will be getting a forged engine next winter and right after that, quite a bit of boost. But right now I'm having my trans rebuilt and getting a 26 spline input shaft and I don't want to have to buy another clutch after just one year.
I have a Spec stage 2 clutch right now and have had a good experience with it, but i'm only making 360 rwtq. I expect it to hit at least 550 rwtq when I throw the turbo on. The stage 2 seems good but I've heard horror stories about the stage 2+ and 3, same with the Centerforce DF. Then on the other hand I have heard very little about Exedy and Ram HD clutches, but what I have heard has been positive. Also looked into ACT but they don't seem to be rated very high for the cost. Any experience from members and vendors would be awesome.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
McLeod twin disc.

Only clutch I'd ever get for these cars. Had a stage 3 and 3+ spec clutch and they sucked so much ass.

Users who are viewing this thread