high millage cobra how much boost ??

Alberts03cobra

Established Member
Hey guys.. Just had a question how much boost should I run on my high millage cobra. I currently have 109xxx my plan is to run 20psi.. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I had around 98k when I blew mine which was only seeing around 15psi. Honestly your car could last till 200k miles, or it could brake within first hundred. Just make sure to keep an eye on your AF and that your intercooler pump is working good. That's basically what lead to mine braking down. It all depends on the car itself. Some can handle power better then others. Good luck man!

For the record though, I'd start a savings on the side just in case. My tuner told me not to do a twin screw because I had that many miles on it already.

Hey guys.. Just had a question how much boost should I run on my high millage cobra. I currently have 109xxx my plan is to run 20psi.. What do you guys think?

Well these longblocks aren't indestructible. Boost is stress on the motor. 20psi is a lot of stress. Depending on your driving habits you have to consider whether you will be descreasing its life span at the power level you are aiming for.

Users who are viewing this thread