High Miles + Mods=? What do you guys think?

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
She currently has just over 77,000 miles on the clock and is my DD. Well it's tax time and I want to throw some mods on it. This is what I was thinking: CAI, FTVB, C&L Power Plenum, SBTB, Diablo or SCT, TR6's, 4# or 6# pulley, Thermostat, Idlers.

Here's my concern- my truck is an 01, so obviously I'm worried about spitting plugs. So- with the higher milage, will it hold up? And, with the mods listed above which pulley would you guys recommend 4# or 6#? Also, I'm in south Florida, what temperature thermostat would you recommend?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Last edited:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
From what I've been reading on these forums (and not experienced personally myself with a launched plug on my 99), the only way to prevent that is to regularly check up on your plugs and make sure they are torqued down appropriately. Ill be throwing a 4#'er on mine soon, and will probably check my plugs each time I change my oil from now on.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
There are some guys down here in Fla with over 100K and modded with no issues. With A 6# and a good tune you will love the results. Check the plugs when you change the oil and you should be good to go.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
I'll definitely get it dyno tuned and it looks like I'm leaning a little more towards the Diablo; only because of a tuner down here that everyone has recommended. I believe he is the Diablo rep down here.

Bigredmk86

2002 Lightning
Established Member
You can blow a plug on it without any add-ons. You can be stock and be cruising down the road and it would shoot one out. It all depends on the torque specs and how much vibration the plugs are subject to. The more it vibrates along with the constant heating and cooling of the block, it will eventually work one loose. Just stay on top of them and you should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread