High Miledge GT500's

ModularFan

Established Member
So Over the coarse of time, and now with working two jobs. I have though about the idea of buying either a 03-04 Cobra or a 07-09 GT500. The price iam willing to pay for a GT500 have high mileage and it kinda scares me,

I want something with less then 50K miles if anything, My current vehicle has over 90K 93k to be exact. I know a cobra would be the cheaper route but I don't want to spend 20-25k for a 10-11 year old car! and no bank would ever finance me for that either.

So iam looking at GT500's 07-09 year, I am starting to see them dip into the 20's high 20's but reasonable but the miledge is what scares me.

What would you do?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Im sure there are plenty with below 50K miles, many guys dont drive them as much. I think for high or mids 20's I would definitely get one, especially over a terminator which are older and around the same price. The 07-09 motors are pretty stout and easily modded ( pretty piggish stock). If the price is right and the car has been maintained properly, I dont think it would be an issue honestly

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
I was fixing to buy a 3rd terminator about 5 monts back but I ended up buying an 07 GT500 with around 90k miles at the time. If I remember right I only paid around 20k for the car too. I knew I'd want to mod it and had fears about the high miles but some members here said check the compression and make sure it has good oil pressure and mod away. You can't go wrong with either but I like my Shelby more then the terminators.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I was fixing to buy a 3rd terminator about 5 monts back but I ended up buying an 07 GT500 with around 90k miles at the time. If I remember right I only paid around 20k for the car too. I knew I'd want to mod it and had fears about the high miles but some members here said check the compression and make sure it has good oil pressure and mod away. You can't go wrong with either but I like my Shelby more then the terminators.

Wow, $20K's for a Shelby. I'd burn mine first.:beer: If I can find one in that price range, I'll sell the Goat in a minute.

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
I think that's what it was, I don't have the papers to know the exact amount. They were asking 24k for the car but we traded my truck in on it. It did have some flaws but I've got that fixed. OP the terminator and the Shelby are both amazing cars and you'll be happy with either car.

ModularFan

Established Member
I think that's what it was, I don't have the papers to know the exact amount. They were asking 24k for the car but we traded my truck in on it. It did have some flaws but I've got that fixed. OP the terminator and the Shelby are both amazing cars and you'll be happy with either car.

No question about it, they're both amazing cars, I just can't justify paying 20K if not slightly more for a 10-11 year old car. just doesn't make sense, alot of them are selling over blue book value. Afterall a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

The only reason why i ask about reliability on a high miledge gt500 is the fact that I don't want to put alot of mods into it, only to have it blow up. and sometimes not everything pops up on a compression and leak down test.

03blkann

Established Member
Shelby

I paid $25000.00 for mine with just 50000 miles on it. I love it. After having two 03 cobras i would never go back. You can find some really nice cars with miles for cheap. Good luck with your search.

ModularFan

Established Member
I paid $25000.00 for mine with just 50000 miles on it. I love it. After having two 03 cobras i would never go back. You can find some really nice cars with miles for cheap. Good luck with your search.

Thanks, Yea I think it would make more sense to get an 07-09 rather then get an 10-11 year old car.

Users who are viewing this thread