High Mileage motors

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
At 98k miles I did a head swap because i lost compression on cylinders 6 and 8. Figured it was a great oppuritunity for a head upgrade. When i took my heads into the machine shop...the passenger side heads were cracked on all the combustion chambers where it transitions to the sparkplug threads. This may have been due to a couple of times being overheated, living in the HEART of the southwest heat. It's funny because all 4 cylinders on the passenger side read 180psi on the compression tester yet, there were visible cracks in the head that I did not know until the machine shop informed me. The link i am providing shows the cracked head...other pages show the process I went thru on this. Finally Started Tranny/Motor pull!!! - Page 7 - SoCalTerminators.com Forums When the car developed a slight miss, the shifter shook a lil more and the exhaust note was a lil different at the motor area...it did however still made good power with one cylinder at 90psi and another at 110psi....and the spark plugs LOOKED great! I am almost done with this whole process and looking forward to firing it back up!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread