High/Low beam switch problem

qachargh

Established Member
So I just picked up my '04 SVTF today and I noticed the high beams are constantly switched on. Am I correct in assuming that the switch is activated when you pull the turn-signal stalk all the way back? And if that is correct, is there an audible click to indicate switch activation? There is no such click when I pull the lever all the way back. Because if that is so then maybe the problem can be fixed simply by replacing the turn signal stalk/assembly.

I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
That sounds right to me, probably not too expensive to fix either. I might just run up to the local ford store and ask one of the techs, there might be an even easier fix? Good luck! E-

CT SVT

Established Member
this the highbeam inducator light in the cluster on? if so and your pulling the switch i say you have a bad switch or wiring problem

qachargh

Established Member
It was the high/low beam switch in the turn-signal stalk. Just got the new one from Tousley today and snapped it into place. Everything works great.

qachargh

Established Member
I want to say the thing was $30 delivered from Tousley. All you have to do is pop off the top cover of the steering column, pull the connector off the turn signal assembly and pull it up out of the retainer. It will take 2 minutes with no tools except maybe a flat-blade screwdriver to help with the snaps holding on the steering column cover and holding the connector into the socket on the stalk assembly. When you get the new stalk you will see exactly how to do it. Make sure you order the turn signal assembly and not the wiper assembly. When I ordered it, the tech at Tousley said the diagram they have is backward so when they look at it what they think is the turn signal stalk is the wiper assembly. Makes about a $100 difference.

qachargh

Established Member
Try YS4Z-13341-AA. You definitely want to get it from Tousley. Incredible service and a price that can't be beat. You can get it overnighted for much less than the dealer.

qachargh

Established Member
I would be driving a SVTF with the lights stuck on high-beam and the exhaust buzzing like a bunch of coins in the clother dryer.

qachargh

Established Member
Yeah. It was the cat-bracket. Got it changed out and had the bracket on the exhaust pipe fixed and the thing is rock solid. Now I can drive into a parking garage without getting all self-conscious about the rattle.

Users who are viewing this thread