High idle PO507 code after Comp Stage 3 Cam install....

corysmach1

Established Member
I run the CJ setup on E85. Just did Comp Stage 3 NA Cam's. The car is just on a base tune now.....we sent the logs late last night so I am sure he will get back with me Monday. The car actually drives very well for a base tune. When come to a stop the car creeps up to 2000-2200 and sits there for awhile before creeping down to 1000-1200. It threw this same code when I did the CJ setup and I can't remember of a KAM reset fixed it? Any ideas?

ford20

Established Member
I don't think the SCT will take care of an idle relearen. I think you need to go to the dealer for that.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Idle relearn is just letting idle for 2 mins no a/c and 2 mins with a/c on. I would reset kam and do the idle relearn. You shouldn't need to do a ckp relearn for cams.

dennisn

Established Member
If you do happen to need a crank relearn, (depending on the code thrown) you can borrow somebody that has a sct4. They will do a crank relearn.

As for the high idle.......... my guess would be in the tune. Mine did the same exact thing. Can't remember if I ever really got it resolved. Tuner was able to get it better but still idled high then would finally settle.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Vacuum leak, evap concern, possible tune issue. Wiring, throttle body issue. Could be alot. I would just wait for shaun to get back to you.

dennisn

Established Member
Same code happened to mine. Basically same mods as you. Tuner advised me to do a crank relearn as soon as possible. I did it using a friends sct 4. It's similar to KAM reset as it's in the menu and just follow the prompts.

By the way it did take care of my random misfire issue.

redline5.0

Established Member
Crank relearn wont do shit for the cams. Just let shaun do his thing, my car had the p0300 to after cam install, was fixed in a revision.

Users who are viewing this thread