High IAT2s

foxspy

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have a killer chiller installed with a 3 way valve to bypass the heat exchanger. I usually run the A/C (or defrost) all the time with the heat exchanger bypassed.

Today I turned my A/C off and opened the valve to go through the heat exchanger. I wanted to see the difference between IATs now that the weather is cooler.

When it was 110* outside in Phoenix, I was seeing about a 10* difference between IAT1 and IAT2 when using the Killer Chiller.

Today's results were shocking, nearly 40* difference between IAT1 and IAT2 with the Killer Chiller off. My IAT1 was 60* and IAT2s were 99-100*, this is on cruise control @72mph for 25 miles.

I'm wondering if my intercooler pump is starting to die and isn't flowing volume like it should, or maybe my intercooler is clogged/dirty.

I haven't had my car that long, so is the intercooler being clogged or dirty a common problem?

My heat exchanger is stock and doesn't have any debris in the fins.

4601S/C

Established Member
Probably just a worn out pump. Ford spec is 40 above IAT1 from what I have heard. I replaced my pump recently. My old one flowed and appeared to be working great if you just looked at the flow in the tank, but my charge temps were random and ranged between 112-156 F depending on how cool it was (tested between 66 & 98 F) while cruising. If I just let her sit it would creep up to 140-154 and stay there. Made a world of difference putting in a new pump. Usually I see 30-40 above IAT1 while cruising now.

rudycobra

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have a killer chiller installed with a 3 way valve to bypass the heat exchanger. I usually run the A/C (or defrost) all the time with the heat exchanger bypassed.

Today I turned my A/C off and opened the valve to go through the heat exchanger. I wanted to see the difference between IATs now that the weather is cooler.

When it was 110* outside in Phoenix, I was seeing about a 10* difference between IAT1 and IAT2 when using the Killer Chiller.

Today's results were shocking, nearly 40* difference between IAT1 and IAT2 with the Killer Chiller off. My IAT1 was 60* and IAT2s were 99-100*, this is on cruise control @72mph for 25 miles.

I'm wondering if my intercooler pump is starting to die and isn't flowing volume like it should, or maybe my intercooler is clogged/dirty.

I haven't had my car that long, so is the intercooler being clogged or dirty a common problem?

My heat exchanger is stock and doesn't have any debris in the fins.

Your talking bout big diff though from no kc to kc with bypass . What gauges are u using ?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Op in my observations your IAT2 temp. with the KC off sounds in the ballpark. Just another reason why the KC is one of the top 2 mods for these cars. 1. Reische T-stat, 2. KC

SVTDice

Established Member
Op in my observations your IAT2 temp. with the KC off sounds in the ballpark. Just another reason why the KC is one of the top 2 mods for these cars. 1. Reische T-stat, 2. KC

+1 On these mods. They will both make a great difference. The Reische T-Stat is one of the best mods I've done to my car to date.

Users who are viewing this thread