High HP EFI?

Mustang289

Established Member
My son and I have an 88GT currently 500RWHP, MAF, T-Trim, other mods. We're looking to plan for 650RWHP, I'm hearing the stock ECU with piggy back chip won't support this easily. Hearing we've either got to go to carb setup or install a FAST type system. Looked at the FAST man they're really flexible and you can do a lot with them.

Here's the question - do you guys know of any other options or have any suggestions?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
FAST is the best option. NOt cheap but better to do it right than do it twice(im sure your trying to teach your son that anyways). You could always go with a blow through carb. New tech has made them very good and you will even be able to get decent MPG out of it from what I hear. Carbed 408 with a big turbo or twin 67's would be KILLER.

wesessiah

Established Member
if you're looking for the most you can get out of the setup, then the aem ems is a tier above the others like fast or megasquirt. the downside is that the aem is far more daunting than anything else with a very steep learning curve if you've never tuned on these systems before.

Mustang289

Established Member
Thanx for the input! We're going with FAST got a demo and looks really flexible. With the CAM upgrade and few other upgrades looking for 600-650 to the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread