high flow or no?

dead man walkin

Established Member
So recently I've been debating removing the cat or replacing them with high flow.. with no cats im worried about fuel smell, smoke, and too much noise. With high flow im worried about zero difference in power and feeling like i wasted $200.00 .. any thoughts on the subject? What are you guys running?

Going for broke

Established Member
I remember reading an article on the boss and the ford engineers talked about how well the factory gt cats flowed so there was no way to improve on them to gain more power on the boss. I agree with above post, either leave them or remove them all together.

burke985

Established Member
I would think that adding headers and putting cats back on would kinda defeat the purpose of adding the headers in the first place to gain full power advantage of the exhaust. If headers give you 20 and you lose 10 by adding cats back on then i would say you just wasted your money on headers and if im paying about 1500 total to add headers i want ever ftlb and rwhp that comes with it.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I would think that adding headers and putting cats back on would kinda defeat the purpose of adding the headers in the first place to gain full power advantage of the exhaust. If headers give you 20 and you lose 10 by adding cats back on then i would say you just wasted your money on headers and if im paying about 1500 total to add headers i want ever ftlb and rwhp that comes with it.

The sound alone from switching to long tubes alone is almost worth the money lol

Users who are viewing this thread