High boost and pump gas?

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
after dealing with constant cold start and idles issues that cant seem to get figured out im contemplating on going with regular ol 93/torco tune and possibly a c16 tune (for very occasional use).
whats your guys input on running 93/torco mix on 28lbs with conservative timing? i know its a strech and i wont get quite the results as E85 but without an E85 guru for a tuner around here it might be my best bet for now, plus i dont feel like bringing it to another tuner and having to pay for a tune all over again. if i do go with the 93/torco mix i may bump the boost down a few lbs as well.

sleepyv

Banned
Run meth and even with meth I'd be kind of iffy on running those 28psi.....

I'd say run like a 20psi pump/meth mix for street and if you're gonna race swap pullies and run c16... 28lbs is a shit ton of boost.
**** torco. That shit is garbage.

People who don't trust meth simply don't know how to monitor it. Monitor your temps at WOT, if they drop significantly meth is injecting. If temps don't fluctuate downwards obviously your pump is bad and if you're tuned for power you'll hear obvious detonation.

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
yea meth isnt an option as i dont want to spend the money on a kit.

sleepyv

Banned
yea meth isnt an option as i dont want to spend the money on a kit.

So you'd rather spend the money on a motor?

Better be safe than sorry if you don't want to spend/have money to spend.... You have a solid build, don't know why you wouldn't want to shell out $900 for one of the best kits out there......

gabe1530

Banned
IMO, I would just take it to a new tuner and get it done right.
No way would I ever go back to torco or run c16 where your paying 10+ a gallon.

Your combo is badass and its all in the tune. I've driven my friends built cobra with stg 3 cams, ported heads, 26psi, e85 and it drives like stock because it was tuned right.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
I hear ya Gabe.the first tuner I took it to who has done E85 cars before just didn't do a great job. I wasn't happy with the normal drivability of the car whatsoever.
The second tuner I have taken it to hasn't really messed with E85 much at all but does a phenomenal job in taking his time to try and get things right. I'm going to bring it back to him tomorrow and he said hell do his best to address the cold start and idle issues. If no success ill have to wait until next year to find another tuner cause in clean out $$ at this point :-/

gabe1530

Banned
I hear ya Gabe.the first tuner I took it to who has done E85 cars before just didn't do a great job. I wasn't happy with the normal drivability of the car whatsoever.
The second tuner I have taken it to hasn't really messed with E85 much at all but does a phenomenal job in taking his time to try and get things right. I'm going to bring it back to him tomorrow and he said hell do his best to address the cold start and idle issues. If no success ill have to wait until next year to find another tuner cause in clean out $$ at this point :-/

awesome, thats the route to go. just let him take his time and it will make all the difference. plus, it will help him learn. imo, there are good and bad tuners out there. the ones that want to take the time and do it right are worth the wait.

KJS1820

Established Member
I am on the "get it retuned" side! It is in the tune! I run e85 in my evo all year round but it was a rocky road 5-6 years ago :( I had hard starting and bad idle untill I found great settings for my ecu! (I went back to pump for a year) Now 2-3 rotations in below freezing it fires right up! I don't put anything but e85-e90 in my car and drive it over 10k a year! I am thinking of e85 on my cobra too but need to upgrade my fuel setup! Good luck on finding the right tuner once your dialed in the time and aggravation will be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread