High altitude members I need your feedback!

GT500692

Established Member
Hey guys, I picked up my car in Atlanta and it ran great! When I got it back to Colorado I was a little dissapointed. My question is what boost levels are you seeing? Stock im only getting 7# with it peaking at 7.5 at times. Iam trying to decide between just a 2.6 pulley or go with a whipple 2.9. Yes I know they are two different worlds. If I do the whipple it will just be stage 1, that means keeping my stock maf, tb ect. I would be happy with 575-600 rwhp, for now. For all you sea leval guys remember making power at 6000ft is hard!

SLGT750

Established Member
Hey guys, I picked up my car in Atlanta and it ran great! When I got it back to Colorado I was a little dissapointed. My question is what boost levels are you seeing? Stock im only getting 7# with it peaking at 7.5 at times. Iam trying to decide between just a 2.6 pulley or go with a whipple 2.9. Yes I know they are two different worlds. If I do the whipple it will just be stage 1, that means keeping my stock maf, tb ect. I would be happy with 575-600 rwhp, for now. For all you sea leval guys remember making power at 6000ft is hard!

Ya buddy altitude sucks for sure! I believe stock boost is 8.5psi@sea level, so yours is inline with this altitude. I have the 2.9 making almost 700rwhp corrected w/ 15psi. Uncorrected and a more realistic number is 550rwhp. I would throw the 2.9 because you will definetly be asking for more down the road.....power is addicting:beer:

SlwSVT

Established Member
Don't even consider pulleys or stock ported blowers. Just ante up and get a Kenne Bell or Whipple setup. With the stock pulley you will pick up gobs of power and then they will support much much more when your ready. The nice thing about elevation is your fuel system will support quite a bit of power without needing a BAP or bigger injectors. I put a 3.4 Whipple with the stock pulley and supporting mods on my car. She made 730rwhp corrected without any fuel mods at all. That got me about high 580rhwp to 600rwhp at actual 5200' elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread