HIDs (almost) Cheap

DaveSVT03

Established Member
Well just wanted to pass along my latest upgrade. I bought the Sylvania Superstar bulbs at Walmart ($34 for two in a kit). Walmart just started carrying them and they were a lot cheaper than at the local Auto Zone. Install took me too long, but what a difference. It is dramatic - for the money it is well worth it. With the fog lights on, it was easy to see the difference because the light coming from the fog lights looked like it was coming from one of those yellow bug lights. Just have to find someplace that carries the fog lights now (Walmart didn't have the 9005).

I did it for the better vision, but I know some want that HID look. Either way - seems like a no brainer.

Tomorrow night I'm putting them on the wife's mini van.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Is the 9005 the same bulb as in the Lightning fog lights too? I was also considering these lights

DaveSVT03

Established Member
I was told all round Ford fog lights can use the 9005, but it's not technically correct. Maybe a Lightning owner can chime in on this one. Several Cobra owners have had difficulty gettting the 9005 in, but most say it will work with some gentle force and patience.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
:smmon: hmmm well i may just go buy them anyway...i can always take them back

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by DaveSVT03
I was told all round Ford fog lights can use the 9005, but it's not technically correct. Maybe a Lightning owner can chime in on this one. Several Cobra owners have had difficulty gettting the 9005 in, but most say it will work with some gentle force and patience.

As long as the diameter of the lamp is right, the part with the o-ring, you can trim the tabs to make nearly any lamp fit. You have to check it, trim, check it, trim a little more, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread