HIDGuy headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I was wondering who here has used the HID kit from HIDGuy.net. Was it a quality kit? How has the reliability been? Any issues at all? I was thinking of the 6000K kit.

The price is so low that I figure if it is crappy, I'm not out that much cash. But I obviously would like it to work well. Thanks for any help!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Do a search, plenty info on his kits...I love em but his customer service has gone downhill lately as his business has expanded.
His name is Oscar and he used to own a "termi" he told me...

evolve

Established Member
Its been great so far. 2 years and one ballast bad. I sent it in and they replaced it no problem. Id buy another from them as the price is good.

Satin03

Established Member
Purchased the headlight/foglight combo a little less than a year back. The price was denfinately right however my driver side fog light intermittently works (I have yet to contact them about it so I really have no room to complain at this point). The kit was complete and can be installed discreetly. I would however not recommend using the supplied double sided stick tape used to attach the ballasts. Mine fell off about a week after I installed it. Ended up using 3M body tape and it worked great. Overall good kit, not sure about the customer service. Guess I'll find out after the holidays. Looks amazing when in use, something I wish I would've done sooner!!! GL!

Last edited:

SVTbrandon

Established Member
i have hidguy.net in my 99cobra. no problems what so ever for 3 years now. i have ddmtunning in my 03cobra. they shake goin down the road and the one of the head lights dosent come on at first start up.

whiplash306

Established Member
I HATE THEM!!!!! The scatter, despite attempts at adjustment is TERRIBLE!!!! Don't do it...! There's better things to spend your hard earned cash money on...!

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I was wondering who here has used the HID kit from HIDGuy.net. Was it a quality kit? How has the reliability been? Any issues at all? I was thinking of the 6000K kit.

The price is so low that I figure if it is crappy, I'm not out that much cash. But I obviously would like it to work well. Thanks for any help!

Reliability and quality of the product is top notch. Customer service for me has always been very good. What the previous post is referring to being terrible is the scattering of light when a xenon bulb is used in your stock housing. This is aslo the case with any kit and the only way around it is to do a retrofit of a projector assy into your housing. An alternative is using the Depo Projector housing which is better but not as good as the retrofit of the actual installation of a projector. I ran their kits in headlight and fogs for a couple of years before I did the headlight retro and I was very pleased with the increase in light output even though the light pattern was not perfect.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Good kits, but they just moved shop, and have been swamped since. It has taken a while to get back to me every time I e-mail them about the status of my kit, but other than that they replaced my wiring harness for free since I melted one of the plugs.

Redfire03

Established Member
I have had experience with a couple different brands of HID KIT's. I like you thought that going with a more expensive kit would equal better quality, I was wrong.

With my HIDGuy kit I had a bulb go bad (after 6 months), I tried calling them two or three times throughout the day with no response, did it again the next day and now luck. So the next day I left a message and sent an e-mail through their website and didnt hear back. A week later I sat down and just kept pressing the call button until someone answered and finally got a hold of them to talk to someone about my problem.

Oscar told me the warranty process and I followed it (you have to send a picture of the bulb with the ends cut off to their e-mail), he said he would call me back the next day to get my shipping information. Next day, no phone call from him so I called him 15 minutes before their closing time. He had completely forgot about it, and opened the e-mail for the first time on the phone with me.

Now you are supposed to get a new replacement for free, not the case with my kit. They had stopped carrying that type of bulb so he told me that if I wanted a new bulb I would need a new harness and bulbs but I could re-use my old ballast's. He told me it was going to cost $40, I tried to talk to him about how I shouldnt have to pay for a product change but he didnt care. So being frustrated, I just said yes. He assured me that they would be sent out the next day and I would have them before the end of the week.

I didn't get my bulbs that Friday, I called repeatedly on Saturday with no luck, so towards the end of the day I sat down and just kept pressing the call button again and finally he answered. He forgot to file the order for shipping and that he would go do it that second, after a long hold he came back said the bulbs and harnesses weren't in stock but they would be in on Monday and I would have a shipping confirmation then.

Monday comes nothing, Tuesday nothing and Wednesday I called, I talked to someone else and they said that it was getting shipped that day, I didnt get a shipping notification again. I called the next monday, again having to call several times before I finally get a hold of Oscar.

He apologized again saying he was sorry and that he was going to upgrade me to expodited shipping for free. And then finally two and a half weeks after my first call I get my HID kit.

This is after having no lights for two weeks because I had to cut the cords on my original bulbs.

DONT EVER BUY FROM HIDGUY!

On the other hand I have three DDM Tuning kits and have not had a single problem with them, the install is much easier, the light out-put these kits is much better in my opinion and my friends who have had a bulb go out have had nothing but good things to say about them.

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
^ Sorry to hear your bad experience. I believe he runs this by himself and maybe the help of just a few other people. So I can see how things can happen here and there.

I, on the other hand, along with many others guys have enjoyed them and definitely recommend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread