Hidden VIN?

Aaron175617

Established Member
I found another 04 cobra that I am thinking about buying but I think it may be some kind of re-body. I need to find the hidden VIN so I can at least know what I am buying. Anybody know where they are?

xtremeskime21

Established Member
i asked that awhile ago. didn't get great answers. people thought i was trying to steal a car. look on the block, there is a partial there i think and also on the frame rail.

timbo3282

Established Member
I found another 04 cobra that I am thinking about buying but I think it may be some kind of re-body. I need to find the hidden VIN so I can at least know what I am buying. Anybody know where they are?

I don't have my Cobra here to look at but I believe some of the body panels should have partial VIN numbers stamped in them. The front fenders I think?

The older Mustangs (Fox Bodies) have VIN stickers on the fenders but the newer cars don't.

20redfire03

Established Member
I dont know if its a vin sticker or not but there might be one inside the trunk lid. Ive seen a sticker there but cant remember if its a vin on it or not

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I just parted out an 03, and I found a tab welded to the front frame behind the impact bar. It had the vin and some other infor on it. Cant think of where else I saw it.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I just parted out an 03, and I found a tab welded to the front frame behind the impact bar. It had the vin and some other infor on it. Cant think of where else I saw it.

I've seen that tag on a 98 Cobra. Removed the driver side headlight and there was a metal tag with the VIN on it on the bumper.

Aaron175617

Established Member
Thanks for the tips. I am planning on going back and taking a look at the car this weekend and I will look for some of these VINs on it. I have heard that there is supposed to be some around the bottom of the rear quarter panels but I can’t find them on my cars. Does anybody know anything about these VINs?

Users who are viewing this thread